Review: Dermalogica Circular Hydration Serum

 

Make 2023 the year about your skin! Honestly, it's never too late - I mean, don't ever feel like you can't protect it with sunscreen regularly at whatever age you're at, just because you didn't for the last few decades. Similarly, if you haven't doted on your skin as much as you should have in recent years, there's no time like the present to get started! Use the present to give your skin a present, eh? Sorry, I had to go there!

 

Keeping my skin moisturised is absolutely paramount to keeping it happy, and of course, almost every little bit of skincare that I pile on it aims to do that. However, there are some products that aim to do that, and only that, and one such product would be the Dermalogica Circular Hydration Serum, which has truly been an amazing serum to use on a regular basis!

 

This serum utilizes an enhanced form of hyaluronic acid that's meant to penetrate the skin's surface for deep hydration, giving you more supple and radiant skin over time. There is also an algae extract infused moisturising matrix that gives the skin quick and long lasting hydration, as well as polyglutamic acid from fermented soy that adds to the skin's hydration reserves from within. Additionally, there are plant derived sugars and a blend of amino acids that are similar to those naturally present in the skin which trap water on the skin's surface to help prevent fluid loss. Last but not least, there is a postbiotic blend of lactobacillus ferment and avena extract to help balance the skin's microbiome.

 

It all sounds very fancy, but essentially, this all boils down to it being a hardworking, and simply working, serum! This comes in an opaque white bottle with a dropper applicator in the cap, and I find a few drops of this light serum to sink into the skin very easily with a little bit of massaging. My skin feels really smooth and moisturised with repeated use, and I find my face feeling less dry on the long days I have to be in clinic, which is fantastic.

 

I don't find this to have a particular scent, and I love that my skin has reacted really well to it, and that there is a long lasting effect to using this. Sitting at $94 for 30 ml of product, I do realise that this isn't particularly cheap, but it's worth the price! You can find out more about it over here, or check it out at a number of different places, including David Jones and Adore Beauty. What is your favourite moisturising serum?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts