Brand Focus: Ethique

 
Happy New Year, my gorgeous babes! Congratulations on getting through another year of changes, the ongoing pandemic, and learning to be flexible, so that you can adjust your life according to what's going on in the world - not easy, friends! And speaking of adjusting to something different, I know that lots of you probably have some new year resolutions that you're keen to get cracking on, and for some, I hope that's looking at more sustainable options for a better future, and Ethique is here to help you with that!

 

You might be familiar with this New Zealand born brand, which is very easily found here in Australia at Priceline, as well as online, and in various pharmacies. It also has some very far reaching tentacles, and is stocked in 25 different countries at about 6800 stores. What initially started as solid shampoo and conditioner bars, as a plastic free alternative to the many, many bottles that end up in landfill is now a brand that is a decade strong, and they've since expanded their line to include lip balms and lipsticks, body products and deodorants.

 

Throughout this, they have remained cruelty free, palm oil free and vegan. Ethique is still ethically and fairly sourced, remains plastic free, and donates 2% of their sales to a number of different charities. Sounds fantastic, but not convinced that the brand would actually be up to the task of doing the job? Well, I'm happy to allay those fears for you - I've been pretty taken by the products that I've tried over time! The shampoo bars feel like they get rid of the excess oils, while the conditioner bars do soften my hair relatively well.

 

I'm really keen on the Pepped Up Cooling Peppermint Lip Balm, as it both moisturises and soothes my lips, all while being contained in a cute cardboard tube. The lipstick is surprisingly creamy, and I love that it doesn't drag across the skin. I also adore the fact that Ethique has obviously considered their audience, and has now created products that aren't just bars anymore - they now have a category called Concentrates, which is filled with options for body wash, body lotion, hand wash and shampoo and conditioner.

 

All you need to do is add water to it, and bam! You've got yourself a more liquid version of the good stuff! Isn't that amazing? As someone who does prefer a less solid texture, these have been very well received at my place! I would actually be very keen to try the body lotion concentrate, as I do moisturise on a daily basis. If you're looking to do a switch to reduce your waste/plastic use, this could be a great alternative! Overall, I feel like the brand listens to the people, and delivers what they want, which is amazing. What an absolute journey and evolution of the brand it's been! It's definitely a brand that continues to surprise and amaze me, and I can't wait to see what comes next! What are you loving from Ethique?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts