Review: Canamo Leave-In Hemp Masque

 

New year, better hair! 2022 was the year that I really decided to go hard on my hair, and dye it frequently with lots of purple, and my split ends have been paying for it. I have also really changed things up with playing around with different shampoos and conditioners, as well as going for more hair masks and treatments. Additionally, I've been trying out a range of leave in products, and the Canamo Leave-In Hemp Masque is the latest in that line up!

 

Canamo is an Australian brand - made in Melbourne, cruelty free and vegan friendly - and while the range is currently limited to this one product, I feel like there's a lot of scope to expand to plenty of other hemp based products! And while Canamo makes one product, they have spread their reaches to beyond their own website, and they are stocked with other retailers as well, which does make me believe that they won't stop at just the one item.

 

It may seem like one product isn't much, but you know what they say - do one thing well, and that is certainly true in this case! The Canamo Leave-In Hemp Masque has a number of claims, including that this is meant to help moisturise and hydrate the hair, while repairing and smoothing the hair cuticle after chemical damage. It's also designed to nourish and strengthen the hair, while increasing elasticity and adding shine to the hair. On top of that, it's supposed to preserve hair colour, reduce breakage, assist in producing collagen to the hair to increase volume, as well as increase hair follicle size, thus contributing to hair growth. 

 

All this, while also helping to keep hair tangle free, and staying lightweight and residue free. In order to do all of the above, this has a number of excellent ingredients, including, of course, hemp seed oil, hydrolyzed hemp protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein, copper tripeptide-1 and PPG-3 caprylyl ether.  So many claims in one small pump bottle - does it live up to them all? I can only be honest about how my hair feels, and my hair loves it! I have experienced a little less fallout since I started using it, and despite it coming out as a thick white cream, this doesn't leave my hair greasy, nor does it weigh it down. 

 

I also love that it does seem to give my hair a bit of volume, and that it also helps to moisturise and hydrate the strands. I don't find this to have much of a scent, but that works for me, and overall, it helps my hair feel healthier. It won't solve my split ends, because the only thing that can is a hair cut, nor does it give it as much of a shine as I'd like, but it does help my hair deal with the dryness that I've encountered with the regular abuse I've thrown my hair's way. If you're curious and want to buy your own bottle, you can grab one for $49.95 over here. What's your secret for keeping your hair healthy?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts