Review: Jane Iredale PureBrow Precision Pencil, Shaping Pencil and Brow Gel

 
It's Monday, which means it's time for me to hustle and get my act together and look like I've had sufficient sleep, all while kicking ass at work! Given that we're still wearing face masks at work, putting my best face forward means looking like the top half of my face is well rested and flawless, which means, you guessed it, having brows that look sleek and pretty, because that is honestly the first thing that people will see. 

 

I have had the pleasure of using Jane Iredale's PureBrow range over the last few weeks, and it has honestly been a delight! As someone who loves brow products, and doesn't deviate from the tried and tested as often as I used to (you just don't mess with good brows!), all of these products were easy to use, and worked well on me. 

 

I started with the Shaping Pencil, which comes encased in matte white packaging, with the slanted pencil on one end, and a spoolie on the other. I like that this is quite pigmented, and that it goes on really well without feeling like it's slippery or greasy, if you know what I mean. This does a great job of outlining the brows, shaping and filling them in no time at all. I tend to reach for this in the mornings, when I'm getting ready to got to work, and I find that my brows look really together for most of the day.

 

As my brows are not very full, thanks to being a victim of the 90's (note to all babes - never over pluck your brows, because, yes, you will regret it, as makeup looks and fashion go around in a cycle), I feel like I reach for the Shaping Pencil over the Precision Pencil, but I do like the Precision Pencil for touching up as needed, particularly when I'm on the go. The other reason that I love it is because it's just that little bit sharper, which means that I can make more precise strokes with it. Much like the Shaping Pencil, this also has a spoolie on the other end. My favourite part is that neither of them seem to smudge very much, which means that I don't need to touch them up or check them much throughout the day - a bonus, when you're low on time!

 

To help seal it all in and make them look more realistic, the Brow Gel does a brilliant job as the finishing touch. This gives them a fuller appearance, fleshing it out, as it were, so that they have less of a Sharpie appearance, and more of a feathered look to them. These retail for $44 each, and for my first experience with their brow products, it's definitely been more than positive! I feel like they are certainly worth the dough. You can find more information about them over here.What have you tried from Jane Iredale?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts