Review: Imyge Colours Monthly Contact Lenses


It's the first Sunday of the year, and I'm already feeling like this week has been A LOT. Given that plenty of people are still drifting around in the aftermath of the silly season, while still being on holiday, when the veterinary industry doesn't really take a break (like any of the other health services!), it's safe to say that I'm a little envious of those babes, but hey, if you love your job, then at least that's a bit of a consolation, right?

 

Thankfully, I did have a large chunk of time off due to the public holidays, and I was able to recharge my batteries quite a bit prior to being shoved back into the real world, which was pretty great. It also gave me the chance to try out some super fun contact lenses, which you might have seen on Instagram. I'm talking, of course, about the Imyge Colours Monthly Contact Lenses.

 

They have 1 Day, as well as monthly, contact lenses that come in a number of subtle and pretty shades - things that won't dramatically change the way you look, in that they won't look completely out of place on you (ie ice blue eyes on an Asian face), but it more enhances what you have. In short, they can make your eyes look a little bit more like Anime eyes, where they'd have to look twice to check if you're wearing contacts, without making you look over the top ridiculous, like you're doing a show.

 

Now, I'm a pretty pigmented person, being Chinese by descent, and by that, I mean that my pupils are a dark brown/black, and my hair is naturally black, and I can tan within minutes of being in the sun. Of course, this also means that I don't burn very easily (which is no excuse to skip your sunscreen - always wear sunscreen!), which is a bonus, but it also means that lighter shades of anything can look out of place with me. That is certainly not the case with these contact lenses!

 

 I love that coloured contact lenses have evolved so much from what they once were eons ago when I was a teenager! These come in the right prescription for me, and I remember a time when they didn't come with any attached. Perhaps it won't be long before they are good for those with astigmatism? We can only hope! Pictured are the contact lenses in Lemon Trio and while it may look very vibrant in the case, it isn't actually quite as bright once placed. If you're interested in seeing it in action, check my reel on Instagram!

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts