Review: Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Makeup Setting Spray

Happy Monday! I hope you've all been taking a very well deserved break, and that you're having a great Easter, spending your time with friends and family. I've been taking it easy, purely because I haven't been well (now that I'm part of the COVID club!), but it's mainly just been a very snuffly and sneezy process for me. Aside from being a slug, I've been working on some content, and this post is one of them! I'm here to talk about one of my recent purchases, which is the Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Makeup Setting Spray!

I was in the mood to indulge myself recently, and the Yves Saint Laurent (hereafter referred to as YSL) Top Secrets Makeup Setting Spray somehow found it's way into my shopping cart. For an impulse purchase, this set me back about $81 for 100ml of product. In packaging that feels very typical of YSL, this setting spray comes contained in a glossy black bottle with a pull off cap, complete with gold lettering and trim.

 

This setting spray has been designed to both set makeup, helping it to last longer, preventing it from slipping so that you can look fresh throughout the day, as well as keep your skin looking hydrated. It is suitable for all skin types, and this contains hyaluronic acid for that extra hydration boost, as well as botanical extracts, such as walnut leaf extract, and jojoba seed oil. 

 

The spray that comes from this is an oddly powerful mist, in that it does come out as a fine mist, but it feels like there is a decent amount of product with each push, rather than just a waft of it. I find about four pumps to sufficiently cover the face after my makeup application, and I like to stick this into my locker at work, so that I can get a quick refresher in between my day. This also has an almost cologne-like scent to it, which dissipates after a few seconds. 

I have really high standards for setting sprays, and I'm happy to report that this does, in fact, mostly live up to them! I don't feel like my makeup, particularly my eye shadow, shifts very much with this when I use it as my final step. Occasionally, however, it looks like the 'tail' of my brows do disappear gradually throughout the day, which may also be in part due to the brow product I'm using then. All in all, a good option if you're looking for a reason to get to a GWP, or simply if you're in a treat yo'self mood.

Comments

Popular Posts