Review: Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser

I think I have a love/hate relationship with Mondays - I mean, I'm not quite Garfield, who, as everyone knows, hates Mondays, but also not quite as enthusiastic about bouncing out of bed and tackling life Tigger-style. It's more like a, come on, you've got this, and you can kick some ass today, you know? I think I'm about setting the tone, so that your week starts off on the right note. And this week, we are starting our week by talking about Tata Harper's Regenerating Cleanser Daily Exfoliating and Clarifying Treatment!

 

Let's take a moment to talk about Tata Harper. It is marketed as a luxury green brand, which you can tell from the price tags attached to their products, and that it's currently available at a specialty beauty store here in Australia, which is Sephora. I've been curious about their products, simply because it looks appealing, from their gold and green packaging, down to the ingredients. As such, I splashed out on some of their products (so there's more to follow!), and marked this as the first goodie I wanted to try from their range.

 

This is meant to be a daily exfoliant, which does give me a moment's pause. As a self confessed exfoliating maniac, I love that this kinda gives me the license to buff away, but everything I've read about exfoliating tells me that I really shouldn't be doing it quite so regularly. As such, I have curtailed it to every other day usage, and I feel like this does still do a great job that way. The Regenerating Cleanser contains both a physical and chemical exfoliating action, given that there are apricot microspheres, and BHA (beta hydroxy acid) from white willow bark to help achieve a radiant complexion. 

 

This claims to help dissolve build up on the skin through the combined power of pomegranate enzymes, sunflower seed oil and phytic acid salt, while coral clay, pink grapefuit and bergamot are there for help refine the pores. The inclusion of aloe vera, crystalline coconut, coconut liquid crystals and kimchi ferment means that this is also supposed to help hydrate the skin, while doing all of the above. How does it perform on the skin?

 

It comes out as a creamy cleanser that has a well distributed amount of grit in each dollop. I find this to have the softest almost citrus scent, and this is easy to work into the skin. I like that this doesn't feel harsh on my skin, and instead, for an exfoliating scrub, it is surprisingly gentle. When used every other day, I have felt like my skin has looked smoother. It does have a decent sized price tag of about $75 for 50ml, and while I have enjoyed using this, I'm not sure that it quite justifies the amount of dough it would take to purchase your own. What are you thoughts about Tata Harper, and what have you liked from them?

Comments

Popular Posts