Lips Appreciation Day With Burt's Bees

 

Happy Sunday to my internet fam bam! I'm not sure if you were aware of this on Friday, but apparently, the 16th of March was Lips Appreciation Day, and boy did I let them know! After all, I'm very grateful to my lips. I mean, without them, I would have an odd smile, and thanks to them, my gift of the gab is well and truly part of my bread and butter - being a veterinarian and part time blogger means lots of talking, and these lips are an essential bit of that. 

 

Considering how hard they work, they really deserve a treat when their day (and every day, seriously) rolls around! This year, I had Burt's Bees send me a little parcel to remind me to give them a bit of TLC with their 3 step routine, which is meant to help maintain that healthy moisturised glow, keeping them luscious and nourished, so that they can stay soft and conditioned.

 

The 3 step routine is comprised of a scrub, their overnight treatment and the after sun soother lip balm. For those who may be familiar with what is basically a skincare routine for the lips, let me talk you through it! I was sent the Burt's Bees Conditioning Mocha Lip Scrub, which retails for $13.90 and is the first step in creating those baby soft lips that you crave. Using repurposed Brazilian coffee grounds, this helps to buff away dead, rough skin when you rub this against the lips in rotational strokes. It doesn't just help to remove the dead skin - this also conditions and hydrates lips with a combination of castor oil, cocoa butter and beeswax. 

 

Once you've prepped the lips, they are then ready for the next step, which is the Burt's Bees Overnight Intensive Lip Treatment in Passionfruit and Chamomile. This also costs $13.90, and it promises to hydrate the lips for up to 8 hours, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines while you sleep, while the ceramides and passionfruit extract maintain the lip's natural moisture barrier. This way, you can wake up to smooth lips that are ready for your morning lippie!

 

It doesn't stop there! When you get back from your big, grueling day at work, help soothe your lips with the Burt's Bees After Sun Soother Lip Balm. This comes packaged like your traditional lip balm, in a tube that you twist, except that the packaging is made with 20% plant based material, which is awesome! This is one of my favourite lippies to apply after lots of sun exposure - aloe vera has been such a staple in my household for years, and it's a delight to have as a lip balm. Retailing for $7.99, you can find them at Priceline, Big W and Woolworths. If you're after more information, including how good the lip scrub and overnight treatment are, head to my previous blog post on them. Which one would you try first?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts