Review: Byredo Astronomical Volume Mascara Deep Black

The hunt for the holy grail of mascaras continues! This is my life long quest, and I feel like no matter how many mascaras I've run through in my lifetime, and however many I've fallen for, the folly of being a beauty blogger means that the hunt is never over. Personally, I feel like it's also a very good excuse for me to rack up points at Priceline, Sephora and Mecca - what can I say, I'm a total beauty junkie! 

 

Speaking of buying goodies, that Cult Beauty advent calendar from last year is still paying off, because that's where I scored the Byredo Astronomical Volume Mascara in Deep Black from, and this mascara retails for a very cool $75. I would like to start off by saying that I don't tend to splash out quite so much for a mascara, and spoiler, I do love this, but even then, I don't know that I would have tried this if it hadn't been included in the advent calendar. I also don't think I knew that Byredo did more than skincare and fragrances, so this was a delightful discovery.

Still, I'm very glad that I found this in there, because this truly may be one of the most luxurious mascaras I've ever tried, and it absolutely works, and I would be totally tempted to pick up another one when this eventually dries up. This mascara promises to create volume, help curl the lashes, and thicken them. It comes packaged in a glossy bright green tube that contains a curved wand with silicone bristles on the end to help spread the mascara over the lashes.

 

The formula allows you to layer this on the lashes, so if you're looking to build up the appearance of volume with your lashes, this helps you to achieve that. Now, I tried this before I read up on it, and I feel like if I'd known some of this stuff, I would have thought that it was a big gimmick. However, having now tried it, I can honestly say that when I first applied it, I didn't think that it really left very much behind on my lashes after the first brush. 

 

However, a few swipes left me with lashes that looked curled, big and pretty. Sure, I've had a lash lift, which does help with the curling, but I have also experienced lashes that drooped with other mascaras, even with the lash lift. I can also say that this has yet to smudge and leave me with panda eyes, even after approximately 20 wears. I'm so impressed by the quality - you can see why I'd be tempted to fork out that much for a mascara that I would need to dispose of after 3 months, which is something that I tend to be relatively religious about. You can find it over here at Mecca. What's been your experience with Byredo? Drop me a line - I'd love to hear all about it!

Comments

Popular Posts