Review: Mecca Cosmetica Mecca-Morphosis Purifying Cleansing Balm

 

As much as I love putting make up on, I also love taking it all off at the end of the day. While that may be exhausting and repetitive to some, I find both rituals to be quite soothing, and they all fall under the category of self care, which I'm always in need of! That said, it doesn't quite gel with the fact that I am a bit of a lazy girl, and of course, that means I often appreciate the shortest route going from A to B, and rather than fussing around with micellar water some days, I prefer a cleansing oil or balm.

 

A while back, I received the Mecca Cosmetica Mecca-Morphosis Purifying Cleansing Balm as part of a promotion - I don't remember what it was, whether it was a birthday freebie or some other loop giveaway, but I'm so glad this ended up in my stash! Retailing at $48 for 90 ml of product, this is a cruelty free, cleansing balm that is meant to help purify the skin while gently exfoliating it.

 

This comes in a pale pinky peach jar with a screw lid, and the balm itself is solid. Included in the pack is a little plastic spatula, so that you can easily scoop out a small amount of product. I start by working this against my skin, which helps with thinning it out so that it can shift your makeup and dirt around, and once this comes in contact with water, it then emulsifies, and it starts to dissolve makeup, sunscreen and impurities.

 

This contains some gorgeous ingredients, such as olive squalene, which helps to support the natural outer barrier of the skin, and it can help calm inflammation and assist in keeping the skin hydrated. This also has sea buckthorn oil in it, which is full of omega fatty acids and antioxidants, so that the skin can be nourished and this also helps with softening and repairing the skin. Centella asiatica is steeped in amino acids, and this can help calm inflammation, as well as build collagen and improve circulation.

 

Last but not least, it also has pumpkin enzyme in it, which is known to help with the exfoliation of dead skin by breaking it down, so that you can have smoother and softer skin. This is quite an efficient cleansing balm! It is silky smooth on my skin, and I love that I can feel bits of my makeup coming off as I work it into the skin. I like that it lifts tricky mascara, but you do have to work it in a bit in order to get it off, and I always follow it up with a different cleanser to make sure that my skin is left clean and ready for the pillowcase! You can read all about it over here. I feel like Mecca truly makes a lot of gorgeous products, and we just need to try as many of them as we can! What is your favourite Mecca goodness?

Comments

Popular Posts