Review: Wishtrend Green Tea Enzyme and Powder Wash and Vitamin A-mazing Bakuchiol Night Cream

 

I've been sick over the weekend with a bit of a cold, and while it's not terribly debilitating, it can seriously eat into my regular programming, like hanging out with friends, and reducing my general activity level. I mean, I don't ever want to be patient zero, and the reason that people get sick, so the weekend was spent with me lying low, and basically having my wings clipped a little. Aside from not having as much fun as usual, it is a good thing to relax when you're sick, because that will help with healing and getting better faster. 

 

One of the things I really try to push upon myself when I'm sick is fluids. You have to remember that you're constantly losing fluids through incidental things, like sweating and blowing your nose, and your fluid needs increase when you're not well. If I don't, I find that this actually does result in me feeling dehydrated and dry, as well as my skin reflecting that sentiment. Therefore, when I'm unwell, hydrating both from the inside and on the outside is the way to go for me - it helps me both look and feel perkier than I actually am.

I've been using this Wishtrend duo made up of the Green Tea Enzyme and Powder Wash, and their Vitamin A-mazing Bakuchiol Night Cream, and I feel like these have been great for me! The Green Tea Enzyme and Powder Wash comes in an opaque green bottle with a small opening in the cap that is secured by a flip lid, allowing for a decent pour of cleanser without getting stuck. This utilises papaya enzyme, coconut-derived surfactant and baking soda to help gently remove blackheads and impurities, as well as dead skin cells, so that you can be left with smooth, clean skin.

 

This comes out as a green, slightly gritty dry powder that has a light, pleasant green tea scent. I start by adding a small amount of water to the powder, mixing it into a bit of a paste that I then spread over the skin, working it into my skin in a circular motion. This doesn't irritate my skin, and I find it great for buffing away little bits of dry, scaley skin that would otherwise flake and result in uneven makeup application. Now, if you're exfoliating, you should also be moisturising, and here's where the Vitamin A-mazing Bakuchiol Night Cream comes in!

 

This comes in a purple bottle with yellow trimming and a pull off cap. The pump only seems to bring up a small amount of lotion each time, and I find about two pumps to be the right amount for me skin. It comes out bright yellow, but the colour doesn't stick around and instead, you'll find a moisturiser that thins out quite nicely, and doesn't leave any residue on the skin. I like that it isn't too rich, while still doing a great job of keeping the skin moisturised. This is helping keep my skin smooth, and as someone who loves bakuchiol, I'm happy to say this is helping to perpetuate it! I'm so sold on Wishtrend, and I'd love to try more from the range. What are you loving from them?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration



Comments

Popular Posts