Review: Dr. Spiller Biomimetic Skin Care Collagen Cream

 

Sunday is the day of rest - for some! I know that there will be plenty of people lying around after having had a huge Saturday, thanks to it being Mardi Gras yesterday here in Sydney, and more importantly, hopefully hydrating while still resting (note: straws are amazing for this, so you don't have to get up to take a sip, and have your world spinning, all at the same time). Speaking of hydration, if you went to bed with your make up on your face, because you could barely get to bed before collapsing, then kudos to you for making it home (or someone else's bed in their home - still counts), but a new day is upon us and it's time to start looking after your skin again!

 

A while ago, I was sent this unassuming jar of cream, and let me tell you - this is exactly why you should never judge a book by it's cover! I was given this before I set off on my five week long adventure overseas, and since I've been back, this has been such a daily staple for me, and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get some of that moisture back into their skin, such as those who have been partying extra hard, or, like me, have been zipping around the world, leaving the skin with a thirst that needs to be quenched.

 

Consider the Dr Spiller Biomimetic Skin Care Collagen Cream that drink of water that your skin has been asking for! This is designed to invigorate the skin with moisture, helping to counteract the premature loss of resilience, while also being ideal for nourishing the skin, combating external stressors and oxidation damage, as well as retaining the skin's youthful elasticity. It contains soluble collagen, bees wax, grapeseed oil and avocado extract, and it all comes in a plain white jar with navy lettering.

 

The screw cap prevents any cream from spilling out of the jar, and once the cap is removed, you can see a cream of grey/blue colour, which isn't something that I tend to come across very often! I love that this has a thick consistency, but it thins out beautifully once you massage this into the skin, leaving no trace of the colour. I also love that while this is quite thick, it actually doesn't leave a layer on the skin once you've worked it in, and that this ends up being surprisingly light on my face.

 

This has a scent that I tend to associate with cold creams my mum used when I was young, and it's really nice to have that around me once again. I don't feel like this has made a life changing difference to my skin, but I do feel like it actually works quietly and efficiently, so that it can help maintain the hydration of my skin. This is currently available at various retailers, including Amazon, for around $110. Have you tried anything from Dr Spiller before?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts