Review: Burt's Bees Conditioning Lip Scrub and Overnight Intensive Lip Treatment

Burt's Bees does a lot of really great products, including one of my favourite daily glosses (I have about 5 on the go, and I literally cannot remember where I have put them all - at least I have one in  my everyday bag!), and when I received these two goodies in the mail recently, I was pretty excited to see them! I also really liked that I was sent one to exfoliate, and I was given another that was meant to help replenish the lips by providing nourishment overnight.


Let's start with the what taketh away! The Burt's Bees Conditioning Lip Scrub is designed to cleanse, exfoliate and condition the lips and is composed of beeswax (naturally!) and exfoliating honey crystals. Like any other exfoliating compound, all you need to do is apply a generous amount of this onto your pucker, and using rotational strokes, buff away the rough patches of skin. Once you're satisfied with the degree of your exfoliation, then you can rinse off what's on your lips. 


This comes in a little pot that has a screw cap, and I don't know what it is about new product, but have you ever thought, this is so perfect, I hate ruining something this gorgeous? Yeah, me too! That's exactly how I felt dipping my finger into the pot. A little scoop of this, and you've got enough for both lips. I found this to have very little gritty material in it, not as much as I would like for exfoliation, but damn, if it isn't both actually delicious and smells so good, you think you'd put on weight just by breathing it in? I thought that this didn't really work very well as a scrub, but it's surprisingly conditioning, in that the lips do feel smooth, but the exfoliating action lacks grit, if you well, and certainly isn't heavy duty enough to face up to the dry, flakiness that I sometimes have to deal with in the dead of Winter.


The Overnight Intensive Lip Treatment, however, does pack a serious punch! Much like the lip scrub, this comes in similar packaging, and a little of this actually does go a long way. After using the lip scrub, follow it up with the Overnight Intensive Lip Treatment, and just feel it loving on your lips! It has an almost oily consistency, and I love that it gives dry lips almost instant relief. I don't just use this overnight - I actually have this living in my handbag for those post work, pre-drinks moments. It definitely breathes life back into my lips! Retailing for $12.95 each, these can be obtained from various retailers. 


*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for providing a meticulous description about the best collection of lip scrubs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts