Review: Avene Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum



This Winter is harrrrrrssssshhhhh on my skin! Take last week for example - wet, rainy AND cold? Ugh. It's fine when you don't have to leave the house, but sadly, for the full time worker who needs to step outdoors, this isn't my favourite time of year! Aside from being exposed to the environmental factors that give me the chills, I also find that this wrecks havoc on my skin. For someone with normal to dry skin, this weather really saps all the moisture out of it. Thankfully, I can always find skincare that steps up to the plate, and the Avene Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum is certainly making a difference to my face!


The Avene Hydrate Intense Rehydrating Serum serves three purposes with the trio of lipids that is available in the serum - it is meant to 'restore the skin's natural hydration barrier, while also improving cohesion between the epidermal cells, as it refills the natural water reservoirs with a high concentration of Avene Thermal Spring Water'. There are water transporting microspheres and CohedermTM complex to do the jobs outlined above, and it all comes in a neat see through pump bottle.


I feel like Avene has very cohesive packaging, no matter the type or size of the product. It's always clean, easy to use, and not fiddly. I find about 4 pumps to cover my face sufficiently, allowing it to work it's magic on my skin under my makeup throughout the day. I love that this doesn't seem to interfere with my makeup, and that it isn't thick - the consistency is thin to medium, and it gets absorbed very quickly, which makes it perfect for when I want to get ready in a hurry in the morning for work. This is also fragrance free, for the babes who don't want their products scented.


What I love most about it, however, is that it does a GREAT job of keeping my skin hydrated for most of the day. Sure, my skin starts to look a little sad and dry after a full day of work, but I would challenge anyone to look fresh faced after 11 solid hours of work! This is non-sticky, and works well at boosting the moisture level of my skin, for which I am really grateful. This retails for $59.95 for 30 ml of product, and you can find out more about it over here. Avene is available at a number of retailers, including Chemist Warehouse and Priceline. 


Overall, this is a serum that I'd be happy to finish to the end! Now, all I have to do is find a face cream that would help me retain the moisture level in my skin for longer, and that would make my Winter! What's your favourite Winter skincare product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts