Review: The Inkey List Caffeine Eye Cream

What does it say about my skincare routine, or life in general, when I have run through so much eye cream, and we're only just getting to halfway through the year? I think it means that I probably need a lot more sleep than I'm letting on, or that I have a serious addiction to skincare. I'll be honest - I'm pretty sure it's a little bit of both. With that in mind, it's no surprise that I bought the following item - The Inkey List Caffeine Eye Cream - when I was shopping around for a bit of help recently, so let's talk about how it's performed on my skin!

 

The Inkey List has never been featured on the blog before, so it's a pleasure to be able to talk about it for the first time! Much like some of their competitors on the market that aim for champagne skin on a beer budget, I find that they skimp on the packaging, and put the money towards the products instead, which means that you get more bang for your buck for what's inside (because it's what's inside that counts!), while they keep things to a minimum on the outside. The packaging isn't fancy and the colour theme is essentially black and white, without any jazzy lettering or symbols.

This comes in a tube with a screw cap, and a nozzle at the end of it, so that you can squeeze out just the right amount of product. I find this eye cream to have an almost gel-like consistency, and this is easy to tap on, and doesn't take long to sink into the skin. The key ingredient in this eye cream is caffeine, which means it aims to keep the under eye area looking perky, not puffy. This is meant to make your peepers look more awake and alert, and less snoozy. 


I find that this doesn't do very much for the dark eye circles, but it does seem to keep the skin looking relatively smooth, with the fine lines kept to a minimum. I feel like the current weather is really very drying, though, and the effects don't tend to last throughout the day at work, sadly. That said, perhaps this has a better chance of surviving the day during Summer! The best part, though, is that if you're keen to try this yourself, this is hugely affordable at only $15 for 15ml, and it's now available at Sephora. If you've tried The Inkey List before, drop me a line and tell me what I need to try next!

Comments

Popular Posts