Christmas Gift Guide For Cuties Needing A Pick Me Up


Alright, babes, we're in the last 11 days to Christmas, so I hope you're sleighing your Christmas shopping! Given how stressful the last two years have been (I think we're still recovering from the end of 2019, and the two years that we should have had), self care has been on the forefront of my mind whenever I've been stressed, which has been A LOT. Frustrating case at work? Self care. Falling behind on life admin? Self care. World falling apart, unable to get out of bed due to burning fever, and vomiting every few minutes? Self care. Obviously I'm being glib, but seriously, self care has been a big factor of how I've managed to get through some tough times in the last 24 months, and I really need to shine a spotlight on how important this is, and that's why this is Christmas Gift Guide for those seeking a pick me up, a perk me up, or a calm me down.

 

Right, let's chat! We're going to start with a little something that we could all use from time to time - dry shampoo. As far as stocking stuffers go, this is right up there next to underwear and socks - an absolute staple! And of course, there's no better staple than the original Batiste, now in new packaging! This is a serious perk me up for the hair - oily, limp hair that isn't party ready? It's Batiste to the rescue!

 

The gift of good hair obviously also extends to the daily products, such as your shampoo and conditioner, and if your loved one is looking to explore other brands or collections that are on the market, then treat them to Hask's Shea Butter and Hibiscus Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, and while you're there, make sure you pick up a deep conditioning pack to go along with them! I don't think I've ever heard people turning down having good hair, so this is probably a pretty safe bet for someone looking to step up their hair game.

 

Speaking of staples that can help you up your game, Medik8 has a body cream that I can't get enough of, and this would be like if you asked for body lotion, but make it extra. I find this cocoa butter infused body cream to be comfortable on the skin, while still being really rich and nourishing. Perfect for that special someone who needs to show their skin a bit of extra love!

How about adding a little glam to your recipient's life with Flower Beauty? This budget friendly hit, which is available at Chemist Warehouse, had a vast array of makeup products, and what you can see here is only a minute representation of the massive range. This is the perfect way to dabble in colour products and techniques without breaking the bank, or buying products that simply aren't worth the money for the purpose of experimenting. Their eyeshadow palettes are my absolute favourite part of the collection, and with this, you can seriously stretch your Secret Santa budget and know that you don't disappoint!

Peggy Sue Co is a delectable brand that I stumbled across about a year ago, and I remember really liking what I tried from them then, and with their cute packaging and silky products, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who wouldn't be excited to find these in their stockings! Choose from bath and body products, or treat them to a delightfully scented perfume oil, or simply a skincare duo to allow them the moment to take a break at the end of the day while they smooth it over the skin - a pick me up from inside out!

 

If they need their skincare game (and skin) lifted, Biomimic could be the right fit! I love that they are working towards being carbon neutral, and that they are an Aussie based company, and they look to have a good core set of products that could be a good addition to an established routine. I love that they have what are known as essentials, which are necessary to keep your skin healthy, and boosters, which can be used to target skin concerns. This would also be helpful for those who don't already have a daily routine by laying the ground work for it.

 

Watching your budget, while still wanting an effective skincare line to take your skin to greater heights? RoC has you covered! And don't think that just because they don't cost the earth, that this isn't an excellent line - they've been featured heavily in various magazines, and they come quite highly rated. Take one worry, and their frown lines, off their plate this Christmas with the RoC Retinol Correxion line. 

Mukti is the name, if indulgence is the game! I honestly feel like we haven't had the chance to really push the boat out properly in the last couple of years, and heck, we've been through too much to not spoil ourselves, or others. If the pandemic has taught me anything, it is that we really need to tell people how much we love them, and say the same thing to ourselves. Mukti has a gorgeous range of products, including edible collagen, hair and body care, but my heart will always be firmly in their skincare collection! You could build them their own home spa kit by selecting the products that you think they lack, or simply by purchasing a suitable gift set. Either way, this would definitely be a very appreciated gift under the tree on Christmas day!

I don't know about you guys, but at least 70% of the people on my list are receiving skincare from me this year, which really says something about self care! Remember to take care of yourself, and others, during this busy, silly season!

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts