Review: Algenist Genius Sleeping Collagen

Happy Thursday! We are now in the last few days of the year, and I know that some people who'd be looking to kick start their new year with great resolutions for a better self. While I admire their intentions and all, why wait until then to get started? Why not strike while the iron is hot, and the determination is high? You know what they say - there's no time like the present!

 

I'm definitely looking to keep my skin looking fresh and happy in 2022, which I feel is at least an achievable goal - the problem with new year resolutions is that you sometimes set the bar too high, and and you perhaps aim for something that may be a tad unrealistic. At least I feel like I can continue keeping a good thing going! I've had the good fortune of doing so with the Algenist Genius Sleeping Collagen, which is a truly fabulous moisturiser. It comes in a heavy jar with a screw lid, and the cream itself, at first glance, appears dense, thick and heavy. All is not what it seems, though, because this creamy, buttery moisturiser is actually surprisingly light on the skin, once you end up thinning this out with a few rotational strokes and massaging that into your face.

This contains vegan collagen, algae and ceramides, all put together to help nourish and treat the skin throughout the night, resulting in smoother, plumper and more radiant, luminous skin. Firstly, while I'm not vegan, I do love the concept of a vegan formula - beauty should really be for everyone, and being inclusive is important, more so now than ever, with us all spending time apart in a pandemic, it's easy to feel left out. Secondly, I adore that this does the hard yards for you while you're snoozing - finally, something that works while I'm not! Which, honestly, feels a little rare to not be working.

The consistency of this makes it easy to scoop the product out of the jar without slipping everywhere, and I love how moisturising this is, without being cloying. It is the perfect last step of my evening routine, and it almost feels like it just seals it all in, keeping my skin safe and well looked after until I wake up in the morning. When I wash my face in the morning, it doesn't feel like I'm taking off a layer of skincare, like it's just been sitting on my skin - instead, it simply feels like my face has benefited from letting the Sleeping Collagen sink in.

Algenist is available at TVSN for $139. While the price tag may be steep, I wholly believe in how awesome this product is, and I would be keen to grab another jar of it when mine runs out! I've had good experiences with several products from Algenist over the years, and I honestly can't think of one that I haven't liked, which speaks to brand reliability for me! Are you like me, a fan of the brand too?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts