Review: Arbonne Mint Cooling Facial Oil

 

When the weather is hot and humid, like it has been over the weekend, the last thing you'd like to apply on your face is some oil, mostly because you don't want to have that cloying, thick sensation on your face, when you probably already have to content with your own sweat. Gross, I know, but it's probably an honest assessment of the situation. That said, I've been using something that has actually been really soothing, and a nice addition to my evening routine.

 

I received this Arbonne Mint Cooling Facial Oil in a gift pack last year, and I remember wanting to try the product, but by the time I ran through the facial oils I had lined up, it was already starting to get cool, and I didn't want to waste this on the colder parts of the year. All things considered, I'm really glad I held onto this, because it's been a really welcome facial oil for the hot evenings we've had. This comes in a clear glass bottle with a dropper applicator, and I love that this has decent suction, which not all dropper bottles have. 

This contains menthol, derived from peppermint essential oil, which is the reason for that soft, cooling effect, while squalene contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids to help protect the skin's natural barrier, as well as to assist in moisturising and nourishing the skin. There is also alfalfa extract for helping improve the appearance of skin texture and tone, all while also reducing the appearance of fine liens and wrinkles. Last, but not least, there is also sea buckthorn oil to combat the free radicals, with their antioxidant properties.

 

The oil has a minty scent, which is entirely what I would expect from a product with the word mint in the name, but it's not overpowering to the point where it practically stings your eyes, which I appreciate. This is just a little heavier than light, but not so much that it would leave the skin tacky. It doesn't hang around on the skin for long, and I like the not quite tingly sensation that I end up with on my skin. 

 

The Arbonne Mint Cooling Facial Oil has been a surprisingly wonderful addition to my rotation, and I would be keen to get a spare bottle to have on hand! Do you have a specific oil that you like to use for the warmer months?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts