Review: Avene SPF 50+ Sunscreen Aqua Fluid Face

 

As we head into the hotter months (I'm practically melting as I'm writing this), I can honestly say that less is more when it comes to clothes, but the same does not hold true when it comes to using sunscreen. And of course, given that we're now in Summer, I'm sure that lots of us are heading to our Christmas breaks, and we'll be spending an awful lot of time outdoors - the last thing you want for Christmas is a sunburn, and that's where sun protection comes in!

 

As everyone knows, being sun safe means covering up, and that usually means going from head to toe - hat, sleeves and sunnies are all on the agenda. However, there will always be places that you can't reach, or you're simply too hot to wear sleeves, so it's sunscreen to the rescue! Avene's latest addition to the team is their SPF 50+  Sunscreen Aqua Fluid Face, and there is a lot to love about this product.

 

It comes in a small 40ml bottle, which is both good, and bad. It's a great travel size, so that you can always take it wherever you go seeing as you need to top it up frequently throughout the day. However, this does retail for just under $30, which means that it's relatively pricey for the amount that you get. This does mean, at least, that it will never go bad, as you'd use it up way before the expiry date. The texture of this is what makes it a bit of a winner - thin, lightweight, and non-greasy, which means that you end up with skin that is neither oily nor tacky.

 

This is an unscented lotion (and y'all know that I hate the smell of old school sunscreens), and I don't find this to interact with my makeup. I love that this affords a high degree of protection, which, honestly you really need if you're living in Australia. All is not perfect, however, because there is one major drawback, which prevents me from really loving this product, and that's  the white cast that I'm left with after it's application. I find that this doesn't blend out completely on my Asian skintone, which is a real shame, because the rest of this product is so good!

 

If you're in the market for a sunscreen that works well, and having it create a white cast that you can't blend out, then this may be the one for you. For the babes with a similar skintone to mine, I'll advise you to steer clear of this, if you're not one for having very obvious remnants of this on your skin throughout the morning. You can find this where Avene is stocked, including as Chemist Warehouse. 

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. Outstanding Post. This article is very valuable. These pearls of knowledge are significant. I want to share this with my pals. Visit this page to learn more about me. Termite prevention Black Rock

    Eco friendly sun cream
    Kids sun prodection

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is so informative and helpful! I've always been confused about which sunscreen to choose and how much to apply. Your tips on choosing the right sunscreen and how to use it properly have been game-changing for me. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise with us! I recommend Botanic Affair for anyone who is looking for the best sunscreen for face you need to visit Botanic Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts