Christmas Gift Guide For The Eco Warriors

If gift giving/receiving is still your schtick, but you feel guilty about adding to the waste in the world, or you and your friends/family have a pact to try for gifts that won't impact heavily on Mother Earth, then this may be the right post for you! This way, you can still indulge in some excellent presents, while remaining smug in the knowledge that you're not contributing heavily to landfill. Sounds pretty good, am I right?


Let's kick things off with a bit of Burt's Bees, because I clearly have a thing for their lip balms! And of course, at this time of the year, Burt's Bees has their Christmas sets, and I just can't get enough of them! My picks for this year would have to be the Self Care Trio and the Naturally Nude Lip Trio. The Self Care Trio has, you guessed it, three little must haves, neatly packed into a bon bon shaped box - a hand cream, cuticle cream and lip balm. These little essentials are ones that I already know and love, and would make a great gift for someone looking to either stock up on their staples, or for those wanting to try the brand for the first time.


The Naturally Nude  Lip Trio is The packaging is recyclable, of course, and printed on with recyclable/vegetable inks. This kit consists of three lippies, as the name would suggest, and they are a beeswax lip balm, peony lip shimmer and blush lip shine. I'm not going to lie - I'm pretty sure all 3 of them are currently already in my handbag! I like them for the different finishes, and if your recipient (which could also be yourself, no judgement) likes different kinds of lip products, would be fun gift for them!

The Great State is brilliant - I wrote a post dedicated to this multi-purpose soothing balm, and why this needs to be in everyone's bag a while back, and I stand by it. It's still great, and still worth forking over some good dough for. If you're using this for several different reasons, it also means that you'd be cutting down on other containers and other products, which means less waste. It also had the added bonus of coming in a metal tin, which means no additional plastic going out into the world! If you're curious, feel free to check out my review over here

We all know that one candle loving friend, don't we? I think I might be that person in the group! I adore candles, and I'm so happy to see Arbonne coming out with the Waterlily Woods Candle, which is a hand poured candle made of coconut wax. When you open the box, you catch the wafting scent of soft lotus petals and woody tones - like the scent of a Summer Christmas. This is cruelty free and B Corp certified, which means that they are passionate about sustainability. On top of that, you can reuse the glass jar it comes in as a pen cup or a brush holder, so it doesn't just back out into the world again.

 

If you've been contemplating how you might be contributing to landfill with the disposable cotton rounds that are designed to remove your makeup, then I have one excellent suggestion for you, and that's Sante by Enjo! I remember when cotton pads were all I used take the day off, and I'm so glad that I gave those up a couple of years ago. The holiday collection has now dropped over on their website, and they have the cutest French RosĂ© inspired sets available. Aside from makeup remover pads, they also have a face towel, exfoliators and a cute little face cleanser, as well as a limited edition headband that is super cute on. This Christmas, give the gift of reducing landfill in the sweetest shade. Side note - the makeup remover pads are soft on your face, but firm in your hand, the best kind of combination! 


With Christmas looming ahead, I hope this helps with your Christmas list (not the naughty or nice part, that's entirely up to you and Santa)! How many presents do you have left to buy?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts