Yay! It's empties time! Running a little behind for the month of November, but that's ok. Just pretend I'm an Australian beauty box. I kid, I kid!
It's been a crazy busy time of year! Let's dive into it and see the good, the bad and the not quite so awesome.
1) Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion - I wasn't blown away by this. It's quite a thin lotion, and while it absorbed really well, and very quickly, I didn't think it was particularly hydrating.
2) Simple Eye Makeup Remover - felt like water, not oily at all, and very easy to use. It didn't quite take off all of my eye makeup, but certainly did the job reasonably well.
3) Trevor Sorbie Leave-In Conditioner Spray - this did the trick, in terms of mostly keeping my hair snag free, and at a good price.
4) Dove Deodorant Spray - this really works for me, and I keep going back to this. Pretty damn good product, and leaves absolutely no white lines whatsoever!
Repurchase? Already done!
5) Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo - I found this to not leave any white residue on my hair, and it has quite a pleasant smell, which can be overpowering when first out of the can, which then dies down, while still hanging around subtly for the rest of the day, but otherwise, an excellent dry shampoo.
6) Swisse Hand Cream - an uplifting citrus scent, I thought this left my hands quite hydrated, but didn't think it lasted as long as my holy grail hand cream by Neutrogena. It certainly did absorb well, however.
7) Beauty Essentials Nail Polish Remover - pretty much like every other nail polish remover I've ever used. Works well enough, but perhaps a little less than the Australis See Ya Later nail polish remover.
8) Sally Hansen Nail Buffer - great purchase for about $3, and relatively long lasting (for me, anyway). I thought it was an excellent purchase then, and definitely think so still.
9) ASAP Ultimate Hydration Face Lotion - said to be great for dry skin, I used this while I was in New York, and I thought it did a great job keeping my skin hydrated, what with the combination of the heater and the weather!
Repurchase? Perhaps - I quite liked it!
10) Woolworths Homebrand Make Up Removal Pads - just thick enough, a definite staple in my drawers.
Repurchase? Always, unless a better option turns up.
11) Evo Ritual Salvation Conditioner - not great packaging! I was struggling to get conditioner out after about 2 uses! On the flip side, it did do my hair some good, but not enough to put up with the bottle!
Repurchase? Not sure.
12) Priceline Facial Wipes - these used to be staples until I discovered better and more moisturizing wipes. They are good for wiping off swatches, though.
Repurchase? Yes, if it's on sale.
13) Paula's Choice Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum - I really liked this one! Took this to NY, and it kept my face looking from being a 'Plane Face' - you know, when you've gotten off the place with dry skin and dark circles?
14) Lab Series All in One Face Treatment - this is for men, but I needed to have something on the go. Not bad, but did leave my face a little tingly.
15) Princess Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Mask - this face mask was... ok. For the amount it would cost, I didn't think this was worth it. Plus, it made a small patch above my eye itch until I wash it. That said, the rest of my skin felt pretty good.
Repurchase? Not for $25 a pop!
16) Essence Lash Mania Mascara - Ahh... One of their few disappointments! This felt like tar on my lashes - apparently, you CAN go wrong for $1.50!
17) Bloom Clear Nail Polish - I was using this as a base coat, until it got all clumpy and thick. It did start off well, but with about 1/3 bottle still left, it's a bit of a waste!
18) Lonvitalite Collagen Crystal Eye Mask - this came in a beauty box, and while it was fun to use, I don't know if it did as claimed on the back of the package, seeing as I only got to try out the one eye mask. Still, it certainly didn't do anything bad!
19) Essence Lip Balm - I think this has been discontinued, but that's not the point. This seemed to work well for the first hour or so, but then my lips would get a little dry and flaky. Not fantastic, but not the worst either.
20 Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Black - this has been a staple for years, but I've recently fallen in love with the Milani version. This is waterproof and holds really well on the waterline.
21) Pevonia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser - this certainly made my skin feel smoother, but I've had similar results from cheaper cleansers.
22) DHC Concentrated Eye Cream - just an old sample I had to use up. Not terribly exciting.
23) Lush R+B Hair Moisturiser - AMAZING! Great smell, and definitely made a difference to my hair! Definitely on my to buy list once this ban is lifted! Also, a little went a long way with this one.
24) Lush Gorgeous Moisturiser - pretty good stuff, but a little costly for such a small bottle.
AAAAAANNNNNNDDDD done! Phew... And this month's stuff is building up too! Ack... Better start typing!
What did you finish? When you are nearing the end, to you feel like it's taking forever to get there?