Review: Clarins Extra Firming Day and Night Creams

 
So, at the end of last year, I was presented with the very exciting opportunity of working with Clarins - they were keen to have a small group of women try out their Extra Firming Day and Night Creams, taking before photographs prior to commencing the trial for four weeks, and having a little follow up photo sesh down the road so that they could do a side by side comparison. I was excited, because, hey, who doesn't love Clarins, and secondly, new skincare with the chance of really comparing if it worked - amazing!

 

Of course, I couldn't turn it down, because I've got a pulse and I'm obsessed with beauty products, and I'm so so glad that I didn't! Both creams come in relatively hefty jars that are peach coloured with a bronze cap that is easy to unscrew. The day cream, which looks a little peach coloured itself, starts off feeling a little thick, but this does thin out quite nicely when rubbed between the palms of my hands. I find that this smooths out beautifully on my skin, and it doesn't react with any of the other products that I use in the morning.

 

Repeated use of this has helped in keeping my skin better moisturised throughout the day, so that it doesn't dry out as much (I rub my face a lot throughout the day - call it stress), and I religiously apply sunscreen on top of this to help protect my skin from the harmful rays of the sun, as this doesn't have any SPF in it, so it's great for the babes who are allergic to SPF! This has a slight scent to it, and to me, it smells like other Clarins products I've previously tried, so there's a lovely little positive association there.

 

The night cream is white, and surprisingly thinner in consistency compared to the day cream, and this gets absorbed really nicely. I like that this leaves me with brighter and more radiant skin that has a slightly more even tone. The range is great for anyone looking to get firmer, rejuvenated skin and aimed at babes in their 30s to 40s. This plant based duo uses extracts of Australian Kangaroo Flower and organic Mirtracarpus, as well as organic oat sugar, Leaf of Life, Desert Date and shea butter. 

Combined, these have helped me achieve the results that I have seen on my own skin, and that everyone else is about to see! As someone who started this program with already decent skin, I was impressed that I got to see some results with continued use, and I'm going to be honest and say it's a little sad that I'm going to be running out of the products very shortly! It's nice to have gotten a bit of a glow up, and I can't wait for everyone else out there to try them! These are available where Clarins can be found, and I would highly recommend picking these guys up for yourself!

 *These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts