Brand Focus: Mellow Cosmetics

It's Thursday, and I'm back on a plane, although this time, it's only for one day to visit a very special little cat, and some friends, in beautiful Dubbo. It's really nice to be back in Australia after a 10 day holiday - I mean, it was a family get together to celebrate the Lunar New Year, so it's both a holiday, and not (for anyone who has parents that can always find something to disapprove of, you know what I mean), and so while this is kinda for work, it's also a little escape for a few hours. You can say that my life keeps me pretty busy!

 

Ok, so, today, I want to talk about something really exciting that I've had the chance to try out, and that is Mellow Cosmetics! I feel like the creator of Mellow Cosmetics, Ima, and I may have a very similar makeup background, in that we both played with our mother's makeup at a young age, which caused our love for beauty products to blossom. I'm sure lots of you other babes out there can identify with that! Ima springboarded off of her love of makeup during her maternity leave to develop the brand, and never looked back - and I'm glad she did!

 

Mellow Cosmetics is a force to be reckoned with - if you don't believe me, just check out their range! They have products going from liquid lip paints to glosses to matte lipsticks, and that's just for one area of the face! We're talking five different brow products in varying shades, single pan blushes and cheek palettes, as well as eyeshadows ranging from neutral to vivid colours, not to mention a number of eyeliners in different forms. How amazing does that sound?

 

More than sounding amazing, I can honestly say that this is a brand worth trying out. I was recently gifted a small range of their products, comprised of a glow palette, matte lipstick, liquid lip paint, glitter chrome eyeshadow and eyeshadow quad. With this combination alone, I have created a number of different looks, including one that I put up on Instagram about a week ago, with more to follow! I love how creamy the matte lipstick is, and how beautifully rich the colour is. 

 

The liquid lip paint sits well on my lips and doesn't dry them out, while the eyeshadow quad is made up of easy to blend shades that look great for both day and night looks. The glitter chrome is fantastic for that extra pop of something fun for when the mood strikes, and last but not least, the glow palette is made up of all that you need to warm up and brighten up your skin. I find none of the powder products to feel chalky, and they are all quite easy to work with, meaning that you can kiss the days of pigmented makeup stripes goodbye! If that isn't enough for you, Mellow Cosmetics is both vegan and cruelty free! Check out the brand for yourself over here. Have you tried anything from Mellow Cosmetics before?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts