Review: Apia Honey Organic Jarrah Honey Mask

 

It's a brand new week, and I'm freshly back from a weekend adventure with my favourite person in the world, and while it may not seem like much to take off for a little getaway, it certainly does seem to reset my mind, and as one of my best friends would say, it also does the job of helping me fill my cup, so that I can stay happy. Now, speaking of happy things, one of the many things that can help me fill my cup when I can't leave Sydney is a good face mask, and the Apia Honey Organic Jarrah Honey Mask is certainly that!

 

This mask is supposed to help remove dead skin cells and impurities, and to provide a soothing deep hydration, while also assisting in creating a healthier skin barrier. Additionally, it's meant to nourish the skin, while protecting it from environmental stressors. This mask is suitable for most skin types, but apparently especially so for babes who have blemish prone skin. The mask comes in a metal tube with a screw cap that I initially found to be a little fiddly - it's one of those where you have to really squeeze from the end of the tube in order to get all of the product out, and I have to confess, I'm sometimes one of those really naughty people who presses the tube in the middle! 

 

There are some really fantastic ingredients that give this mask the ability to create the results named above. First and foremost, the organic jarrah honey acts as both an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent, which also draws in hydration. Then, there is glycolic acid to help remove the dead skin cells for a smoother complexion and to allow for better penetration of other products. Squalene helps as an antioxidant, while also softening the skin. Finally, there is also jojoba oil, which can help to hydrate the skin, while working as an anti-inflammatory. 

It's really easy to use - just spread a thick layer of the mask evenly over the skin, and you can choose how long you'd like to leave it on for, ranging from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. This doesn't dry down like a clay mask would, and instead, it gets absorbed over time, so that you'd notice progressively less mask on your skin over time.  

 

It's a mask that I've definitely enjoyed using, and I like whipping this out for when my skin is in need of a bit of soothing and a moisture boost. It has a thick cream consistency, and I love that this seems to help maintain my skin, keeping it calm and smooth. I also really like that this is quite a nice and gentle mask, and that I've had no adverse reactions to this. This is available for $46 for a tube, and you can grab your own over here

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts