Review: Ciate Brazilian Glow Eye and Face Palette

 
I think that it's pretty clear at this point that when Monday rolls around, I really like to start the week strong with something that isn't beautiful, but either also wonderfully smart, or has the added bonus of being an effective product. You can say that it's a bit like starting the week with me! Just kidding! Seriously, though, we're kick starting this Monday strong with something stunning that's also clever and effective, and that is the Ciate Brazilian Glow Eye and Face Palette!

 

Ciate needs no introduction, except perhaps a reminder that this brand, which I initially loved for their nail polishes, has at this point created such an incredible range for the face, that Ciate has me clutching my heart, and wallet, every time I set eyes on them in Mecca, because I just know with the skip of my heart that I'd be parting with my money. After all, how could you not? This brand has one of the best setting powders I've every had the pleasure to use, and finish, and their Dewy Stix is a regular on the vanity. And let's not even get started on their palettes! I'm sure we all lusted over the two limited edition beauties that they came up with in collaboration with Chloe Morello - I know I did, and I also caved and bought them both!

 

On that note, let's talk about their latest drop, the Brazilian Glow Eye and Face Palette! This is a multi-functional palette that allows you to come up with an entire look, and it's flexible enough to allow you to vary it, as you can mix and match the shades in here according to what you're after. This has three eyeshadow shades, going from a toasty brown to a shimmer heavy gold, and rounding it out with a mauve-ish colour.

 

On the right hand side, you'll find a deliciously warm bronzer that will leave your skin looking sunkissed and beautiful, while on the left hand side, there is a dark pink highlighter that is more subtle than overwhelming. When applied to the right places, the light that hits it really creates a glow that adds to the overall look, rather than being singularly stunning with it's glare. In the top right corner, a very pigmented blush sits comfortably, and to finish things off, there is a sheer glow face powder (which is gorgeous, FYI) nestled on the other side.

I cannot stress this enough - I absolutely ADORE this palette, and it's fast becoming the travel palette of the season for me! While I can comfortably use it with brushes, I find that when I'm in need of a quick fix and touch up, fingers can do the trick easily. I would exercise caution with the blush - it is so pigmented, it's easy to load too much of this onto the skin. It is absolutely beautiful, and smart in that you can take this with you anywhere (and everywhere!), and it is also fantastically effective with the whole palette pulling together and working so well. This is available in Light Medium and Medium Dark, which is pictured here. It retails for $49 over at Mecca

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts