Review: Olay ProX Wrinkle Fading Repair Cream and Wrinkle Fading Essence

Olay is such a long standing brand - you know, one that I saw from the days of leafing through my mother's vanity and playing with all of her costume jewellery pieces from the 80's, to when I started buying skincare for myself and reaching for that familiar brand on the shelf. It always brings me a certain sense of comfort to see Olay in store, and my pulse always races when I see their latest products sitting there, waiting to be tried. I can't help it - some brands bring out that level of excitement in me!

 

I was given the chance to try some Olay ProX products a while back, and, spoiler alert, I was thrown by how much I ended up liking these products! They both come in white, very minimalistic packaging, which, honestly, looks very pretty on my vanity. The Wrinkle Fading Repair Cream comes in a firm plastic jar with a screw top lid, and purple accents on the outside, which is how you can differentiate which Olay ProX range it is. This particular range uses a retinoid complex, niacinamide, retinyl propionate and carob seed extract to improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines, while also helping to hydrate the skin. 

This is a surprisingly lightweight white cream, which is great, as the change in weather makes it harder for me to appreciate heavy textures. I don't find to this to have a particular scent, and I have gone from starting off with using this about three times a week to daily, and my skin has been bearing up with it well. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky or like I'm wearing a thin layer of a mask, and actually does get absorbed easily and very well.

I'm never quite sure what to make of an essence - do you use it like a toner? A serum? Something in between? For me, it depends on what it's function is, and what the texture is like as to where I slot it in my routine. With this one, it has a light texture, and I have been using it after cleansing, and before my cream. I like that it doesn't have a scent either, and that, much like the cream, this gets absorbed quickly. This comes in a white pump bottle with a clear cap.

With using both of these products, I feel like my skin has improved a little in that it's just better, but specifically, perhaps a little firmer? Essentially, they do feel like they have helped with the overall maintenance of my skin. I also really like that I didn't react to this product in a negative way at all, and these were easy to combine together, and neither of them interacted poorly with other skincare goodies that I used alongside them. You can learn more about the range over on their website, and if you try a different range, I'd love to hear about it! What's your favourite product by Olay?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration


Comments

Popular Posts