Review: Cake The Thick Trick Volumizing Styling Foam

 

Sunday is the day of rest, but it sure ain't for me! While you're reading this, I'm actually tramping through the South Island of New Zealand, off on an adventure, living life and travelling! How good is it to be able to say that again? I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the world and exploring new regions that I haven't been to, or simply treading old ground that I couldn't get to for the last few years, and seeing people I love. The world has so much to offer!

 

Of course, while I'm not working particularly hard, it usually means that my skin care and hair care have to work harder. Why? Because when I work, I'm usually in a very contained environment - being a veterinarian means having your hair up, because there's a lot of stuff you can dip it into, and all of it is gross (sorry, it's reality check time), and I am in clinic for anywhere from 9 hours to 13 hours daily, which means I don't get much sun exposure, nor am I at the mercy of the weather gods during this time. 

 

However, spending time away from clinic means that I savour every moment that I have free, and this generally sees me doing things outdoors, where my usually protected skin is exposed to all sorts of environmental aggressors, and it also has me sleeping away from home and my silk pillowcases. Hence, when I travel, I need to find skin care and more importantly, hair care, that can kick ass. I say this as my skin is quite resilient, but my hair sometimes has a mind of it's own, which can be very frustrating! As someone who's just tried Cake The Thick Trick Volumizing Styling Foam, I can honestly say that I wish this came in a travel size!

 

My hair generally lacks volume, and it's often just straight and not very exciting. I can feel some of you rolling your eyes as you read this, because it's doesn't sound so bad, and it's true, it's pretty good, but you know what they say - you always want what you don't have. I'd love wavy hair with a bit of a bounce, or at least something that wouldn't sit quite so flat against my scalp. The Thick Trick takes care of that for me in a flash! I've been using this in the morning, when I just want to wear my hair out, and there's still a bit of bed head to it.

 

I give it a couple of pumps and rub it between my palms before I putting it through the base of my hair, flipping my hair a few times to get it really in there. I love that this doesn't result in me having sticky or stiff patches of hair, and instead, it does help me achieve that bigger look with more volume and body. It's infused with pomegranate, green tea and ginseng extracts, so that you can achieve that pumped up hair style you're going for. Aside from wearing this with my hair in it's natural state, I also like using this to help me style my hair when I am trying to get curls, and I find that this helps give it a bit of a grip. Best of all, this is vegan and cruelty free, so that you can never feel guilty for looking this good! What have you tried from Cake?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts