Review: Rimmel Magnifi'Eyes Palettes in Crimson and Electric Violet


Meet the newest additions to the Rimmel palette family - Crimson and Electric Violet! These little beauts are a bit of a departure from the nude palettes that have flooded the market in recent years, and they are a welcome couple of kits to my collection.



Kicking off with the Crimson, you may notice that these shades have been replicated and used in a wide range of palettes in the previous years, but I haven't seen it in a easily accessible drugstore brand, which is why I'm crushing on this so hard. 


There is a delicious mix of shimmers and mattes, and these colours all complement one another. I feel that this particular palette has a very decent amount of diversity, and given that it's quite warm with a few cool shades, I can get a lot of wear and a variety of looks out of it. The colour payoff is decent, and I find myself reaching for this at least once a week, which is a lot, for someone who has quite a few (I don't actually know how many...!) palettes. I like that this doesn't have a ridiculous amount of fallout as well.


The Electric Violet is definitely more daring and it's the kind of palette you'd reach for when you're looking to make a statement, or have a strong impact. It's made out of purple hues, with a dark blue and an aquamarine thrown in. It's definitely not part of my everyday wear makeup, but I've been pretty keen to do a few looks with this one, just because it's different to a lot of the other drugstore palettes available. 


There's a lot about the palette that reminds me of bubblegum, which is definitely not a bad thing (but it's a little odd). I love the inclusion of a standout shade like the aquamarine to give the looks a bit more of a pop of unexpected colour, which works quite well amongst the sea of purples. In short, while I don't feel like that this is absolutely necessary in your collection, unlike the Crimson which is a definite yes, I do feel that this will add a little something extra special to it.


The new palettes retail for $21.95, like the other palettes, and they can be found in most places where Rimmel is stocked, including Priceline. 

Which palette has been your absolute favourite from Rimmel? Are there any you wouldn't add to your collection?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. They both look like lovely palettes but I can see why you use the crimson one more - all the shades look so wearable! :)

    Hope that you are having a good week so far! Another hot day here, but I had the day off to enjoy it :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts