Review: Dr Lewinns Vitamin Infused Micellar Cleansing Water


Dr Lewinns has been around for quite a while, and I've liked a lot of their products over the years, but I'm feeling on the fence about the Vitamin Infused Micellar Cleansing Water. Here are my thoughts on it.


Retailing for $16.95, this will get you a tall bottle containing 400 ml of product. There is a flip lid, making this easy to get out of the bottle. There are tiny little pink spheres suspended in the liquid, which are actually Vitamin A and E infused capsules, designed to burst and be absorbed on contact with the skin.


It claims to be a soap free all in one cleanser that gently dissolves and removes makeup - how does it truly perform? The consistency of the product is relatively thick, and a bit viscous. The most frustrating part for me is really how it's meant to get on my face. The consistency makes it hard for the product to stay on a cotton pad, and it would run off, instead of getting absorbed. This means that I pretty much have to only put a small amount on a cotton pad, or place some liquid in a cupped hand before rubbing it into my skin. This makes for a slightly splashy and messy application every time I use it to take my makeup off. 

Foundation and brow products are no match for this, but I can get seriously panda-eyed and smudgy when mascara removal is on the menu. It also doesn't quite get off all the eyeliner when I'm using one of my budgeproof, last all day ones. I do, however, appreciate how soft my skin feels after I've removed my makeup using this, and it does feel grime free without the need for an additional face wash.


So, as you can see, the pros are that it's gentle on my skin, works relatively well, but can be messy and a bit of a bother at the end of a long day. If anyone has had tips for using it, I'd love to hear them! I might be the only doofus who's doing it wrong!

You can find this generous bottle of makeup remover at Priceline. 

What's your favourite Dr Lewinns product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. I use a flat make up remover pad that I pop a tiny bit of warm water on to assist the absorption of the product. I personally am not a fan of It, it seems a little tacky on the skin. Garner is better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just fall in love with your informative articles and I want more from you. The body requires nutrients and vitamins for many reasons. Vitamins and minerals assist your body perform the daily tasks that you may not think about. Understanding the way that vitamins function and which acetyl l carnitine aid in which functions is essential when planning a healthy, balanced diet. Read on to find out more about how to feed your body what it requires.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts