Review: Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation + Hydrating Serum



Drugstore foundation alert! Maybelline is one of my favourite budget brands for a number of reasons, and this foundation has now been added to the list of reasons! 


I'm head over heels for this particular foundation, and there's a good reason why - this stuff is one of my favourite drugstore matches for my skin tone, and it glides onto the skin beautifully. Don't let me get too carried away, though, let's have a chat about the foundation from the beginning!


This comes in a clear glass bottle with a pump, and one pump is enough to cover my face. The cap is clear, and it's one that you need to pull off completely. This can get grubby quickly, with foundation getting all over the inside of the cap. It gives me about medium coverage, and I haven't needed to try and build it up, although I suspect from the texture that it wouldn't be quite as receptive to having more than one layer on the skin. The consistency is light, and this leads to it being smoothed over the skin easily. I have used different tools, going from fingers to brush, and I've found the brush to be really effective for blending it out.


I like that this wears well throughout the day, and that it doesn't feel heavy or cakey. It's meant to provide 12 hours of moisture to help you radiant and flawless all day. The addition of hyaluronic acid is definitely part of what makes this foundation so fantastically magical. It's a definite must try for anyone who is looking for a decent drugstore base, or for those who are head over heels for Maybelline. This retails for $23.95, and there are 10 shades in total, including:

  1. Natural Ivory
  2. Light Porcelain
  3. Ivory
  4. Nude
  5. True Beige
  6. Golden Beige
  7. Classic Beige
  8. Warm Beige
  9. Natural Beige
  10. Classic Tan

I'm currently wearing True Beige, and the match is really excellent! You can pick this up at Priceline, Chemist Warehouse, Coles, Woolworths, Target, Big W, Kmart and other selected pharmacies. What is your colour?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts