In Rotation: Hand Creams ft. Tough Hands Du'it, Cake, Shobido & Mofusand, Priceline and Qingzhi
Happy Sunday, babers! It's a big day here in Sydney. I'm prepping to get all of my ducks in a row before heading off overseas, and it's also Flynn's Walk here this week. For those who may not be in the know, Flynn's Walk is a worthy cause that raises awareness about one of the most discussed, and least dealt with issues in veterinary science, and that's suicide. I know it's a dark topic, but the suicide rate in my industry is high, and we don't deal well with our own mental health, and this is a way for us to keep a dialogue open about it. I wish I were there today, doing the walk, but alas, it would be even worse for my mental health if I don't finish packing this weekend!
It's actually been ages since my last 'In Rotation' series, and I was feeling a little nostalgic recently, and thought we could have a bit of a chat about a major part of my night time routine - the hand creams! The hardest hitter in the line up has to the Tough Hands Intensive Skin Repair by Du'it. This stuff really is tough! Or rather, it's great for those in need of something to help keep their skin from feeling tough. This hand cream comes in a very utilitarian tube, and it's quite thick. It's very much the kind of hand cream that I reach for when I'm in the midst of Winter, or when my hands have taken a bit of battering, thanks to all of my pole classes. A beautiful staple, I always have a tube waiting in the wings for when my hands need a little something extra.
When I'm feeling a little fancy, I like to pick up my Qingzhi hand cream. I chanced upon this brand while wandering around in Chengdu a couple of years ago, and I found the remaining tub of this loitering around in a cupboard a few months ago. It's a floral, softly fragranced tub that has a relatively thick consistency, but it does thin out nicely and leaves the skin feeling grease-free. It's the hand cream that I go for when I'm feeling like indulging in a little something luxurious. For when I want something that is perfumed, but not quite as thick, I go for the no name aquamarine tube of hand cream with just the minimalistic Hand Cream printed on it. This came as a loyalty gift from Priceline about a year ago, and while it's a little thin, I do like it for something light, but it isn't anything mind blowing - just a nice one to have bouncing around for when your hands are feeling a little crepey.
The Cake Beauty Heavy Cream Intensive Hand Balm is one that seems to marry the rich, thickness of a soothing hand cream with something a little yummy, and I did a post about this previously over here. This holds a French vanilla scent that's more subtle than heavy, and this is a thick hand cream that requires less, rather than more, to make the skin feel comfortable. My preferred spots to slather this onto would be the areas that tend to be quite rough, such as the elbows and knees, and I don't tend to reach for this one when I'm still wanting to scroll on my phone for a little longer, while lounging around in bed, because this does leave my skin feeling a bit greasy and slippery.
To round out the collection, I've also been using the Shobido & Mofusand floral scented hand cream, and honestly, this may be the weakest, but the cutest, of the collection. I found this while walking around in Tokyo earlier this year, and given my propensity to use hand creams regularly, I couldn't put it down and walk away - I had to get it! This comes in a tube, which is very much a standard sort of packaging for it to come in, and while it starts of quite thick, it does thin out a little. Unfortunately, I find that this sort of continues to linger on the skin for quite a while, which makes it hard to ascertain when you should stop trying to massage it in. It's cute, and lightly fragranced, but I don't think I'd be picking up another tube of this again. And there you have it! That's everything I've been using on my hands at night! What's on your list?
Comments
Post a Comment