Review: Goldfield and Banks Ingenious Ginger Perfume
I'm not going to lie to you, dear readers. I've been running this blog for years, and I feel like you'd have read it all by now from me, and there's a very good chance that you already know this, but I don't say it out loud very often, so I'm going to say it today. I love fancy things. I like feeling a little indulgent, a little luxurious. I mean, I don't have the champagne budget that I'd love for lots of treaty treats, because I seem to spend all my money on travelling and beauty products, but one could say that the products that I go for often fit under that umbrella, really, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you guys. All of this is to really justify why I just splashed out $280 for the most expensive bottle of perfume I've bought in a while - and convince you why you need it in your life too!
Let me preface this by saying that I'm a fan of Goldfield and Banks, but I was made an even bigger one when I headed to a Sephora event recently, where I had the chance to meet the man behind the brand. I first ran into the brand online at TVSN, before they launched in Sephora here in Australia, and I remember falling head over heels for Sunset Hour, inspired by the wilderness of Broome. Interestingly, at this intimate little session for Goldfield and Banks, this particular scent came up often as a crowd pleaser, and it was actually an event for the launch of Sunset Hour Dark Peach, which just goes to show how gripping their scents can be, and how much it stays with you mentally, long after the fragrance has faded.
Rather than pick up a bottle of their new scent, however, I fell in love with Ingenious Ginger, a quiet gem I hadn't considered, until it was both pointed out to me, and also mentioned that it could pull double duty as a way to pair your scents, rather than simply being worn on it's own, which was such a clever way to put things together, I thought. To be honest, I felt a little silly I hadn't thought of it already! No time like the present, however, and the charm of Ingenious Ginger is that it seems to help elevate your scent wardrobe, rather than overpower it, and it layers beautifully with Sunset Hour and Desert Rosewood, which happens to be next on the shopping list.
Ingenious Ginger falls into the category of being a citrus, spicy scent, that also has some florals running through it. This starts off with the fresh scent of ginger flower, lemon and bergamot, which then develops into mildly zesty mandarin orange, blending into soft magnolia, soft jasmine and rose. This then unfurls into sweet vanilla, spicy amber and sandalwood, before finishing with musk, cashmeran and patchouli. Together, this wafts into a warm, sultry scent that continues to be surprisingly uplifting, without that sensation of being too heavy or dark.
On my skin, I find this to be a little spicy sweet, and I love wearing this with my Sunset Hour, for a bit of something special. It envelopes me in a warm blanket of luxurious comfort, and I can already tell that this is going to be a Summer favourite! This comes in a heavy glass bottle with a white label that looks both minimalistic and chic. This is also available in a 10 ml travel size bottle, and a 50 ml bottle, and they are available for $54 and $198 respectively. If you're a big fan of Goldfield and Banks, make sure you check out their newest, Dark Peach, which has just hit the market, and if you're in the market to find a good scent, add Ingenious Ginger to your list, because this really took me by surprise (it really IS ingenious!), and grab your own over here.
Comments
Post a Comment