Review: Hada Labo Hydra and Whitening Face Wash

Let's kick off this week by thinking about what our past week was like! It's been a gorgeous one for me, with being one week down into my holiday, and already forgetting what real life is actually like. It's easy to walk around in a haze of being excited and filled with wonder as I explore new places, food and culture, and pretend that this is what my life is actually like, but let's face it, on the inside, my heart is actually really just missing my cat. But until then, there's plenty to keep me occupied and distracted!

 

I've been pretty good about what I've bought so far - just about unbelievable how well behaved I've been, but there you have it! I was bound to grow up eventually. right? Actually, the truth is probably more that I haven't had the chance to pop into the stores properly, but it's only been one week, so I do have plenty of time for that to change. Mostly, when I'm shopping far from home, I buy things like beauty products, or jewellery - things that might serve as a reminder of  happier days and conjure images of destinations from a more relaxing time, or simply purchased out of curiosity, which would be exactly why I bought the Hada Labo Hydra and Whitening Face Wash.
 
 
 
I found this while I was shopping in Singapore a couple of months back, and I really wanted to give it a try, as I liked the idea of a cleanser with hyaluronic acid as part of it. This is meant to help brighten dull skin, battle dehydration, and cleanse the skin. Hyaluronic acid is meant to attract moisture into the skin, keeping it plump. There's also resveratrol, which is meant to boost collagen production, soothe inflammation and help brighten the skin, while also boosting the skin barrier. Additionally, there's brown algae extract, and this is filled with antioxidants to fight against free radicals, as well as reduce redness and lock in moisture.
 
 
 
This comes in a tube with a flip lid and you really don't need very much of this to help take the day off. It comes out as a creamy wash with a pearly sheen, and it's easy to work this into the skin. I do find that I seem to react a little to this around my eyes, in that this can cause them to sting a little bit, so I am a little cautious when washing with this, and I don't tend to use it around my eyes much, which can make it a bit tricky to remove things like mascara or stubborn eyeliner. Sadly, it means that there are limitations on how I can use this, so I stick to using it primarily on the rest of my face, avoiding my eyes entirely.
 
 
 
It does leave my skin feeling cleansed without feeling dry, however - it's just a shame my eyes are a little sensitive when it comes to this cleanser! I don't know that it feels particularly hydrated, but it certainly could be worse. For a very affordable cleanser that I picked up in a grocery store in Singapore, I felt like I did well! I would certainly be looking at picking up other goodies the next time I'm back there! What's your most memorable beauty product purchase from overseas?
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts