Review: Dr G Green Deep Pore Cleansing Balm

Can we please take a moment to appreciate that we live in a time where we can pick up just about any sort of beauty products that we want in Australia? Do you remember when we had to wait for one of our friends to head overseas before you could purchase something through them, and you had to beg, wheedle and bribe them to share a sliver of their luggage allowance with you? I do! And sometimes, I was that friend. And these days, if there were an item that you couldn't get in Australia, you could probably find it online and get it delivered in the span of days to weeks. When I really think about it, it's actually mind boggling!

 

And to find products that you would have had to visit a specialty store for in such mainstream retailers, well, it's kinda crazy, but I'm so very here for it! You used to have to explain what the brand you were using to others, but these days, name dropping is more likely to get you a reply like,"Oh right, I saw that in David Jones recently!", which is actually where Dr G is now stocked - you can't get more upmarket than that here in Australia! And if you're feeling like a little field trip to David Jones to touch all of the beautiful things, make sure you swing by the Dr G display to check out what they have, and while you're there, stick a Dr G Green Deep Pore Cleansing Balm into your basket, because this stuff is legitimately gorgeous.

 

What is the Dr G Green Deep Pore Cleansing Balm and why should you be adding it to your list of things to try? This is a cleansing balm that's designed to help remove a number of substances that can accumulate in pores, such as makeup and sebum, as well as dead skin cells and blackheads, leaving you with smooth and clear pores. The hero ingredient in this is green avocado, which is meant to help with cleansing the skin, as well as supporting the skin barrier. This also has a number of very moisturising oils as part of the formula, such as grape seed oil, macadamia seed oil and sunflower seed oil. These also have the added bonus of being rich in omegas 6 and 9, as well as vitamin E, and they are great for keeping the skin moisturised.

 

This comes in a green tube with a flip lid, and a spatula that allows you to scoop out the amount that you're after. Depending on how much makeup I have on, I'd vary the amount I'm using, but on a normal work day, where there's some mascara, eyeshadow and liquid highlighter as my base, as well as blush and bronzer and my finishing powder, about half a teaspoon seems to be sufficient. As with all cleansing balms, I massage this into dry skin in rotational strokes for about 30 seconds, or if you'd prefer, about one and a half rounds of the chorus of the song, Jolene, by Dolly Parton, which, incidentally, is also my frame of reference for when I wash my hands. 

 

When you're ready, simply add a bit of water to emulsify it, and rub it into the skin for a little longer before washing it off. I always follow it up with a different cleanser, so that I can be left with clean skin that feels soft and smooth. I love that this doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or unpleasant, even without double cleansing, and that it seems to take off a lot of my make up, faltering only when it comes up against heavy eyeshadows, or really tough mascaras. Overall, it's a cleansing balm that I've really enjoyed using, and sitting at just $30, I think this is an economical little tub that could go a long way. You can find it over here. What's your favourite cleansing balm?

    Comments

    Popular Posts