Review: Hada Labo Lotion Anti-Aging Super Hydrator
If you're wondering if you'd rather be at work, or on holidays, I can confidently tell you that I'd rather not be at work, as much as I love it, and that being away from real life can be very freeing. Sure, I'm missing my cat so very much at the moment, because there isn't someone for me to kiss and harass, aside from my very lovely husband, but it's a compromise that I'm comfortable with, given how much of my life I give to my work and all the other little projects that I always have knocking around. And yes, travel skin is real, but I know that it's temporary, and I'll get to my regular skincare lineup soon enough, and be bummed that I'm no longer having an adventure far from home, so I'm going to enjoy this for as long as I can.
I can, however, tell you all about something that I had to leave behind for a bit that's worth trying, and it's the Hada Labo Lotion Anti-Aging Super Hydrator, which is a product that confused me way more than I expected it to, and that's not a bad thing. This is said to be a lightweight lotion that has a texture that resembles an essence way more than an actual lotion. It's also easy for the skin to absorb, and it's meant to help the skin look fresher, plumper and generally hydrated. Made for babes with all skin types, it's designed to improve the appearance of tired and dehydrated skin.
There are various key ingredients in this formula, and the most outstanding of them all is the super hyaluronic acid, which is a blend of three types of hyaluronic acid, which is designed to help moisturise the skin on different levels, thanks to the different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid used. Additionally, there's also retinol, which is fantastic for fighting signs of aging by encouraging cell turnover, improving the texture and tone of the skin, while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. There's also collagen in it, which is meant to help promote elasticity, keeping the skin feeling supple.
This comes packaged in a tall cylindrical bottle with a red label that's decorated with some very charming cherry blossoms on it. The pump is quite efficient and a decent amount is dispensed with each pump. I was so flummoxed by this when I first used it, as I tend to like to try out products without reading up about prior to taking it for a whirl, as it wasn't at all what I expected! When I initially pushed a small amount of this into my palm, I was very surprised to see that it was a clear product that looked more like an essence or serum, and I thought I'd read the label wrongly. I powered ahead, however, and proceeded to use it like a lotion as the last step of my skincare routine, pressing it into my skin in a series of pats, and I was really impressed by how well it seemed to work!
This doesn't have an obvious scent to it, and I find about three to four pumps to work best at covering my face and decolletage. It is really lightweight and gets absorbed quickly, and leaves the skin feeling moisturised rather than tacky, which I love. I wasn't prepared for it to have such a significant impact on how moisturised my skin would be, but I guess that the hyaluronic acid in it really does work over time! It currently retails for about $40, and can be found at both Priceline and Adore Beauty. What's the last time you were surprised by a product that you used because it didn't conform to what you thought it'd be like?
Comments
Post a Comment