Review: Drunk Elephant Wonderwild Miracle Butter

Let's face it - as much as I complain about the cold, and oh yes, I absolutely do complain about the cold, I secretly also like the fashion that comes along with it, such as the boots, the cosy sweaters and the very cute hats that sometimes also have ears on them, so that I can look like a little cat. I also love the things like products that I can try out during this time of year, that may be entirely unnecessary, or inappropriately during any other seasons. At the core of it, I'm a total FOMO girly, and I hate missing out on things, so, actually, it's kinda of a win. The only downside is having to live in the cold properly for a few months a year. 

 

It could be worse, really. My sisters live in America, and it's freezing in the Winter, so even the cute fashion sometimes can't be a thing, and clothes might have to be purely functional, making it a little less alluring. I've been lucky not to get sick this season so far (watch me eat my words shortly!), and my top tip for that is to get your vaccinations regularly - that flu shot is part of my yearly routine, just like it is for my cat! And of course, when it finally gets you, and you succumb to being unwell, having something to accompany the symphony of noises that arise, alongside the tissues and Lemsip, such as a thick and soothing balm, would be necessary.

 

Given that my respiratory tract has been in limbo for the last couple of weeks, where it's almost developed into something bigger and more overwhelming from the simple snuffles, but hasn't, this has meant me running through a few boxes of tissues just to keep things at bay. It's also meant having a dry, slightly inflamed region around my nose for the last 10 days, so I'm very grateful that I've been able to help soothe and calm my skin with the Drunk Elephant Wonderwild Miracle Butter. This is said to be a nourishing salve that's meant to help hydrate, soothe, and rejuvenate dry, irritated, chapped skin. It's supposed to support the skin's natural healing abilities, helping to restore it to it's very best self.

 

To do so, the formula contains marula butter, which is derived from marula oil, and chock full of antioxidants, lipids and a blend of omegas 3, 6 and 9. Additionally, this has meadowfoam oil, which is steeped in fatty acids and great for soothing the skin. There's also cupuacu butter, which comes from the seeds of the cupuacu fruit, and it's brilliant for keeping the skin moisturised, soothed and calm. That's not all, of course, because this also contains mango and shea butter, which can help protect the skin from daily stressors. On top of that, it also has plant oils, including pumpkin, kukui, rose hip and green tea, to help strengthen the skin barrier, while nourishing it.

 

This comes in a white tube, with a lime green lid, and this comes out as a white-ish, very thick cream that spreads over the skin easily. It has been very effective at helping me keep the dry patches around my nose and knuckles at bay this Winter, and I'm planning to decant a small amount of this into a pot when I travel. I find it best to use this when I'm heading to bed, dabbing it on the required areas, then going to bed, so I wouldn't accidentally touch it and stop it from working it's magic. I also use this throughout the day to help ease the discomfort of tight, dry skin when I'm out and about. This retails for $64, and you can find it over here. It feels like a Winter necessity and I'm very grateful for it! What is your preferred soothing balm?

Comments

Popular Posts