Review: St Louis Says Volumising Shampoo and Conditioner

 

For as long as I blog, I honestly don't think I'll ever get over the fact that I once thought that all shampoo and conditioner products were the same. I mean, there was once a time when I actually didn't think that there was a major difference between the different things they were touted to be good for, which was why  I didn't actually get around to trying volumising shampoos and conditioners until I was in my mid to late twenties.

 

Therefore, I have taken it upon myself to talk to anyone who would listen (you guys, obviously, as you're reading this) about why you should be investing in hair care products that will help you achieve specific goals, and not do what I used to - stockpile whatever was cheapest at Priceline that week, with only the occasional foray into something different when I felt like treating myself. Not that there is anything wrong with stockpiling decent products when the moment, and budget, calls for it, but if you've spent years wondering if you could change the fate of your hair, then you might want to rethink your shopping habits.

 

Since making that discovery years ago, I haven't looked back, and instead, I've been leaping from one brand to the next, shifting my hair goals from time to time, but nearly always wanting big, BIG HURR.  As such, I leapt at the opportunity to try out St Louis Says, given that I was gifted their Volumising Shampoo and Conditioner. St Louis Says is currently a small company with a limited range of products to their name, having just the volumising duo and a moisture repair shampoo and conditioner pair in the line, but I'm hoping that it won't be long before we see more from them!

 

They come as $42 for the pair, or $23 each, and these are packaged in 350 ml opaque bottles of different colours, so you can tell them apart easily, with the volumising shampoo and conditioner sitting in two different shades of grey. These have a slight citrus scent to them, and I really like that it doesn't seem to weigh my hair down at all - it would be ironic otherwise, I think! The formula includes amaranth extract, which is meant to increase the diameter hair to give it a fuller appearance, while hydrolyzed rice protein is supposed to help lift strands and energise hair, giving it a bit of a bounce. 

 

These are vegan and cruelty free, making them quite inclusive. They have a flip lid, so you can tip it upside down and squeeze the bottle to get the product out. The shampoo has a nice, not too runny, consistency, while the conditioner is relatively thick, yet thin enough to run through the hair, spreading without making a mess. This does give my hair a nice bit of body, and I like that it seems to help my layers really come through without me needing to do much to my hair. That said, I wish it would do something in helping the hair look shiny, or tend to my split ends, but it has never claimed to do those things - rather, it lives up to what it says on the label, and I have them to thank for my hair looking good without me doing much! Find them over here. Is this a duo you'd love to try?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts