Review: Ciate Extraordinary Brightening Undereye Perfector

I don't know about you, but some days, I wake up tired, and that feeling doesn't go away for hours. It's certainly not true what they say, just so you know - if you do something you love daily, it DOES still feel like work, you just enjoy it more than something that's soul sucking and depressing. Does that make sense? As a result of constantly burning the candle at both ends, my under eye bags always look more like check in luggage than carry on.

 

This means that I'm always looking for something to make my skin glow and hence look less dull and tired, and I'm continually on the hunt to camouflage or improve the look of the dark circles under my eyes. Hence, you can imagine my delight when I happened upon the Ciate Extraordinary Brightening Undereye Perfector! It promises to help correct, conceal and brighten that area, claiming to exactly target the issues that I struggle with daily.

 

It does so through the skin loving ingredients that are available, such as hyaluronic acid, which is great for hydrating the skin, as well as vitamin C, which is meant to help brighten the skin. This is also supposed to help colour correct and deliver a natural smooth finish to the skin, just before you apply your concealer over it. All you need to do it apply a thin layer, and gently tap the product into the under eye region like you would with eye cream.

 

This comes densely packed into a small jar with a reflective screw lid. The product feels a little sticky to me, rather than creamy, and takes quite a bit of tapping for me to get it to settle. I find that it tends to work best when I warm it up a little between my fingertips, which then allows it to spread a bit better over the skin. I like that this has a bit of a peachy tone to it, which helps with the colour correcting, and allows my undereye circles to look a bit less obvious.

I really like that prevents my concealer from creasing, which means that I don't end up with little crepe-y lines under my eyes - which, ironically, often makes me look more tired than I actually am! This is vegan and cruelty free, and it is currently available for $40 from Mecca for a pot that contains about 5.5g of product. You can find out more about it over here. What's your favourite Ciate product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts