Review: Arkive Prologue Hair Primer

Lazy Sundays are great, but sadly, that's not going to be my experience today! I'm deep in a cleaning blitz, trying to get my place to look like it's tidy and dust free before receiving my goddaughter next weekend, and generally just attempting to keep the chaos in my life from creeping into my every day life! Wish me luck! Thankfully, there is one area in my life where everything is pretty organised, and I don't need to keep on top of too much, and that's my hair.

 

I will admit that I still sometimes find the world of hair a little mystifying. I mean, what is a prepping spray? Does that differ from a primer? What about a dream coat? I still have plenty of questions, but I was feeling particularly brave recently when I picked up something that I was tempted to try, and I'm ready to talk about it! I have always been a big believer of using primer to keep my makeup intact, and I thought, well, maybe it's time to look at doing that for my hair!

 

The Arkive Prologue Hair Primer is touted to be a pre-styling spray that's meant to help protect the hair from damage. This is a heat activated primer that is meant to envelop and protect the hair, allowing you to style it without having to worry about the damage that you may be inflicting with your hot hair tool. The formula contains baobab oil, which is meant to help add moisture to the scalp, as well as shine to the hair, and it also has baobab protein, which is said to be good for hair resilience, and can increase the strength and elasticity of hair. 

 

I love that this can also protect the hair against frizz, while adding texture to the hair. It comes in a gorgeous matte red bottle with a good nozzle that allows the user to spray a decent amount with each pump, so that you can sufficiently saturate your hair. To use this, make sure that your hair is damp before sectioning the hair and spraying it evenly, covering it from the root to tip. Follow this up with a styling product, and presto, you're ready to use your hairdryer!

This has such a delicious spicy floral scent, which has just about a hint of ginger, and I wasn't expecting that! I feel like since I started using this, my layers have looked more pronounced and despite all the bleaching and dyeing of my hair, I have been experiencing less frizziness than before. It's such a joy to use, and I don't regret trying it out - except for the part where it might be addictive and add to my expenses! The Arkive Prologue Hair Primer is cruelty free, vegan, and it can help texturise the hair. For anyone who may be concerned, this is also sulphate free and alcohol free. You can find it over at Mecca for $28 for 200ml.

Comments

Popular Posts