Review: Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser

You can never underestimate the power of a good cleanser! At the end of the day, when you're looking forward to sitting down and removing the shoes that have been clamped around your feet all day while you've been running around and trying to get things done, there is nothing quite as soothing as a follow up to that than standing under hot running water in the shower, letting it soothe your aching muscles as you gently wash the traces of the day away from your face.

 

Sounds good, doesn't it? Bet you're already looking forward to hurrying home at the end of the day to do just that! And my latest shower caddy companion, the Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser has been doing the heavy lifting for me in the shower! Everyone raves about Drunk Elephant, and the small sample of what I've tried certainly have been lovely, but aside from their B-Goldi Bright Drops, which I still love and have two bottles of that I have stashed in different places, I haven't actually tried much of their skincare range until now. 

 

I chose to purchase the Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser, because I needed one, and I felt like committing to something from the brand, and I feel like I made the right call with this. This is cruelty free, vegan and fragrance free, for anyone who may be sensitive to it. It comes housed in a white tube with an orange flip lid, and their recognisable symbol on the front of it. Said to be good at removing traces of makeup, excess oil and impurities, this contains virgin marula oil in it's formula, which is meant to be rich in antioxidants to help fight those pesky free radicals, while also being steeped in omegas 6 and 9.

 

The addition of glycerin is a humectant, which can help replenish the hydration, and so it doesn't dry out the skin. I love that this also has cantaloupe fruit extract, which isn't an ingredient I've seen often, if at all, in skincare, and this is supposed to soothe and hydrate skin. It's also sitting at an ideal pH level to prevent irritation to the skin. The product is easy to squeeze from the tube, and comes out as a clear, gel that doesn't feel soapy, nor does it really lather up. 

 

To use this, I rub a small dollop between wet palms before applying it to my face, and massaging it into my skin in small rotational strokes. I quite like that this feels like a bit of a quiet achiever - it does the job well as a cleanser, leaving my skin feeling soft, not dry and tight. I will say that it's no match for my current mascara, in that even after using my micellar water, before whipping out the cleanser, I still find traces of it under my eyes post shower. It is otherwise a nice, soothing cleanser that makes my skin feel comfortable and clean and it won't quite break the bank at $27 for 60 ml of product at Mecca. What Drunk Elephant product would you recommend?

Comments

Popular Posts