Review: Ciate London Dewy Gloss Tinted Lip Jelly

 

Over Easter, I visited a friend of mine in New Zealand on her gorgeous sheep farm, and I got to hang out with some lovely little farmhouse animals (ie her kids), as well as the actual farm animals, which ranged from the sheep, to goats, horses, and their cat and dog. I kid! Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun! But seriously, the kids were so much fun and full of beans. They were funny, sweet and all very excited about the girly things I turned up with for them, particularly the makeup.

 

While they were excited about the eye shadow palettes that were chock full of a myriad of colours, their eyes lit up when I brought out the lip products - girls after my own heart! It was heartening to see just how enthusiastic they were about the lippies, because that's absolutely how I feel about them too! I had a very similar reaction to receiving the Ciate London Dewy Gloss Tinted Lip Jelly - you could say it was love at first slick.

 

I'd already seen previews of this on other people's feed on Instagram, and I was curious about them, so I was elated to get two shades in a recent package. I received Revelation and Uncover, and I swear, you would never have seen me move so fast to get them on my lips! These come in a clear tube with a silver cap that has a doe foot applicator attached to it. At this point, it appears that there are only four shades in the range, but we can only hope that they'd come out with a few more! 

Touted to be a non-sticky, hydrating gloss that is meant to leave your lips looking shiny and gorgeous, I can definitely attest to all of the claims as stated above and say that it lives up to the hype! We're not talking the kind of mirrored sheen that we aimed for in the early noughties. Instead, this gives you that shiny 'I've just got a bit of water on the lips' look - just enough to make the lips look inviting and enticing, without instantly making you feel as if you've got hair stuck to your lips the moment you apply it. This is relatively lightweight, and the formula includes squalene, raspberry seed oil and hyaluronic acid, all designed to nourish the lips.

This also has the bonus of leaving the lips with a light wash of colour, and my favourite of the two is Revelation, as it gives me that slight tea rose shade for a very pretty pout, which is a bit of that MLBB - you know, My Lips But Better? Sitting at just $33 per gloss, I can see why these are so popular on social media at the moment! Given that mine is currently resting at the bottom of my handbag, it is very much on high rotation at the moment! Head to Mecca to purchase your own. What colour would you pick?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts