Review: Go Healthy Supplements


I've been trying to take better care of myself recently, because, well, what better time than the present to do that? Don't get too excited, though, because all that literally means is that I've been popping a few (extremely legal) pills over the last few weeks - the effort is low, but the payoff is awesome!
This post is all about full disclosure, so I'm going to be honest with you guys. I was asked to picked a couple of different supplements, so I requested iron and magnesium, according to my needs.


I'm a full on carnivore - those who know me know that I eschew vegetables heavily. I mean, if I''m going to spend some of my daily calorie credits, I'd better be wasting them on meat and snacks! Well, it's not like I don't eat vegetables at all - I do consume my greens, however reluctantly, but I love red meat. Anaemia doesn't plague me daily, but when it's my time of the month (shark week, rag week, surfing the crimson tide - you know, my period), I definitely feel the effects of that.


I get a little light headed and woozy, and sometimes, computer screens are a little too bright for me. As you can imagine, not ideal for life, and definitely not ideal for work! Thankfully, one little pill  from the Iron 1-A-Day bottle fixes all that for me - all I need is some iron, every evening, starting the night before my period. And just like that, I don't need to do anything else, and my life is smooth sailing for that one week. I do realise that this varies for everyone, and my anaemia is mild, so make sure you follow the directions on the bottle as needed.


For the second supplement, I received a bottle of Magnesium 800, which has been incredibly helpful. I've endured random leg cramps in the middle of the night for the longest time, but I've also been a very active person for a lot of my life. I don't know if you guys have had the problem of being woken up in the middle of the night by a gripping pain in your calves, but OUCH. There's also the lingering effect of aching muscles in the morning, and it wasn't until about 5 years ago when I found out that magnesium could help, and it honestly does! If you lead an active lifestyle that involves a fair bit of working out, this could be helpful for you.

I would strongly advise you to check with your doctor before embarking on any supplements. With so many on the market, it can be hard to pick what would suit your needs. For the full list of Go Healthy products, you can head over to their website.

How are you trying to take better care of yourself this year?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts