New Release: Bobbi Brown Lunar New Year Luxe & Fortune Collection


Happy Lunar New Year, my loves! As someone who missed out on years of Chinese New Year due to work (it's difficult for me to take time off work during school holidays, as no one else can really cover my shift, working in a small clinic, and other people have little children, so they get first dibs whenever the school holidays are on), I've been making family a priority for myself since I started getting the chance to do so, starting last year! While all four of us siblings live in a different country to our parents and we're far from home, this is like Christmas for us, and being able to head home is important to us this time of year.


This means not missing out on any of the major events, such as reunion dinner, which is the traditional family get together the night before the start of the festivities. This year, my two sisters and my niece will actually be home with my parents, which I'm excited about, and we'll all be able to visit our relatives and pay our respects to them.


And, this year, I'll be able to look my best, thanks to the team at Bobbi Brown! They have released this stunning set of goodies, and you can bet that I'll be dolling myself up with the range this weekend! This limited edition collection features gemstone-inspired shades of Luxe Lip Colors and Luxe Liquid Lip, as well as the a highlighting powder and an eye palette. I love that the packaging features knot artwork created exclusively for Bobbi Brown by Chinese-American artist, Windy Chien, and that it is all red and gold themed - just stunning!


If you're after something traditional for doing something traditional, swipe one of these three lippies to deliver a dramatic colour punch with maximum moisture levels. With bold colours like Ruby, Pink Sapphire and Parisian Red, these will allow you to hold that smile as you are asked by an obscure relative personal life questions for the umpteenth time.


Want something that can survive the absolute diet destroyer that is also known as seasonal food commonly found during Chinese New Year? The Luxe Liquid Lip is your friend! Lush colour in the form of a liquid lipstick that has a rich metal finish, this comes in bright shades, Precious Gem, Pink Crystal and Frose.


The highlighting power sits in a beautiful red and gold compact, and when opened, you'll find Sunset Glow in it's place. Dust this over the cheekbones, and your collar bone, and let it help you look radiant, glowing and wonderfully healthy, so that your family may praise you for taking such good care of yourself, because after all, if you're looking well, then you must be doing well.


And finally, the jewel in the crown, the Jeweled Rose Eye Palette. Encased in similar, glossy, shiny packaging, this contains 5 neutral, infinitely usable shades - Stone Cold, Rose Gold, Red Rock, Metallic Dusk and Champagne Quartz. These are beautiful, pigmented and will help you nail that rosy nude eyeshadow look, so that you can look all wide eyed and pretty, which will have your relatives pulling you to one side and asking you your secret on how you manage to look so good. Doing this may also help deflect all the questions that they have for you - it's all about distraction, distraction, distraction!


All the lip products retail for $56 each, while the highlighting powder and eye palette are set at $80 each. This collection is right on time for me to pack the pieces into my suitcase! Bobbi Brown hasn't just created a festive range, it's actually loaded me with this weapons of mass distraction - I may actually escape unscathed without hearing the usual comments that get flung my way this time of year! Just kidding - we know I'm gonna hear them anyway. It just might slow them down, though!


These are available at Myer, David Hones and online at both Bobbi Brown and Adore Beauty.

What pieces are you picking up from the limited edition Lunar New Year collections that are available out now?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts