Review: NYX On The Rise Volume Liftscara


It's been forever (no, seriously, it has!) since my last mascara review, and with that in mind, I was excited when I received the NYX On The Rise Volume Liftscara! While a new mascara may not be exciting for some people, for the Asian with straight, already black lashes, you have to ask yourself - how do you achieve those gorgeous, curved, fanned out lashes?


First up, let me say that I love the packaging! The black cap with the brush attached and the hot pink body - all very rocker Barbie vibe, which I'm totally digging!


What are the claims from the mascara? This is supposed to be ultra-pigmented, with the ability to give you the appearance of higher, fuller and instantly lifted mascara. Feel like you've heard it all before? Oh trust me, I hear you, that's definitely not an uncommon claim.


Yet, I always continue to have high expectations for new mascaras all the time, and you know what? I'm glad I'm an optimist (and an unreformed makeup addict!), because I'm loving this mascara for the reasons stated above! For all the people who've never heard me rant about mascara before, here I go - I'm Chinese, and as such, my lashes are perpetually straight. I mean, without a lash lift, it's Boredomville with these lashes! I love fake eyelashes, but sometimes, I like going without them, that's where mascaras that work for me come into play.


This has a small, hourglass shaped brush, and I find a couple swipes of this immediately give me volume, and a few more will add a bit of length. There is a small amount of lift with this mascara, and I feel like that's massive for me, because mascara very rarely actually does that, when it comes to my lashes. This is heavier on the volume than the length for me, which is what I'd expect, and overall, I'm just so psyched that this does actually work for me, that I don't mind as much that it's a little tough to remove, and that I have a bit of a panda smudge at the end of long day.


Retailing for $21.95, you can pick up one of your own at Priceline! What's your one must have, ride or die product from NYX?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts