It's Summertime and things are starting to get a-peeling! By that, I mean my feet. That's right, today we're discussing getting your feet Summer ready, and that can be achieved by my new foot buddy, the 1000 Hour Softsole Express Exfoliating Foot Peel! I have chosen to not traumatise people with pictures of my feet this time, as there's ever so much peeling.
For those unfamiliar with foot peels, here's how you can get started:
1) Buy a pack, such as this one by 1000 Hour (you can find it here)
2) Pop these babies on your feet and put some socks over them to keep them in place and catch any leakage - don't think about that last part too much. You may also choose to put a towel beneath your feet
3) Sit with your feet like so for 90 minutes
4) Take them off and give them a bit of a rinse
5) Wait for the peeling to start!
The peeling is the best, and the most disgusting - but in a good way - part of this entire experience, which is what you're aiming for, really! I have tried one other foot peel before, and that didn't give me half the peeling this one did! Literally, we're talking peeling from the sole AND the top of the feet! I was so excited, I kept showing it to my husband, who was very good about the whole thing. Until he asked me to wear socks to bed, because there was just so much of it coming off! I didn't even know that my toes could peel so much!
It took about two days to start flaking and it's still going a week after I popped those booties on. The skin that has been revealed is soft and all I'll need soon is a good pedicure to get my tootsies in shape, then I'll be ready to bare them in public! A beauty treatment that keeps going after one treatment, and this will only set you back $8.75.
All and all, a very positive experience, and one I look forward to repeating!
Have you tried a foot peel before? Would you like to give it a go?
* This product was provided for my consideration, but my opinions, as always, are my own