Review: Summer Salt Body Glow Oil in Liquid Gold

 

Summer, what a beauty you are, especially here in Australia, where simply mentioning the name of the country conjures up images of endless beaches, blue skies and sunshine so bright, it's beyond dazzling for those daring to go outdoors without their sunglasses. Of course, we are romanticizing it, which is what everyone does, because I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who haven't enjoyed the just about 100% humidity, stifling heat, and rolling blackouts caused by the rise in temperatures

 

All the unpleasantness aside, Summer in Australia really is done right, for the most part, and it is my favourite season by a mile, and it's not hard to see why. We get to wear a lot less in the Summer (I'm not a big fan of feeling cold), go for dips in the water regularly (which isn't my thing, but I have plenty of friends who love it, and it's nice to have it there for when I'm in the mood), and music festivals where I can dance my little heart out. Summer, in short, is where my state mind always wants to be at, especially when the weather starts to cool down.

 

As such, I like to extend that Summer feel, and one of the ways I can achieve that is by using a shimmery body oil, and I was recently gifted the Summer Salt Body Glow Oil in Liquid Gold in a Goodness Me box (which is a subscription service you can find out more about over here), and it is like a hit of Summer in a bottle. This is available in two sizes, 30 ml and 100 ml, and it comes packaged in a glass bottle with a dropper, which is a convenient way for you to titrate the amount that you want to apply to the body. 

 

To use this, shake it up enthusiastically - I find that the shimmer sticks to the sides of the bottle quite effectively - then place a few drops into the palm of your hand before smoothing it over the skin. This will give your skin an instant glow, and in the event it's too much for you, you can choose to add this to some body lotion instead, so that you can still achieve a bit of a sunkissed glow. The oil is a blend of coconut oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil and vitamin E to hydrate and nourish the skin, and it also has a heavy coconut scent, which I'm not the biggest fan of, but there is also a light, underlying floral fragrance that comes through, which is quite lovely.

 

This is a dry oil, in that it isn't sticky. Rather, it's quite light, and dries down beautifully. The 30 ml bottle retails for $24, while the 100 ml goes for $38. I will also warn people to be cautious and not to step outdoors with oil on, in place of sunscreen, because that's a surefire way to get burnt to a crisp! If you're keen to try this for yourself, you can purchase it over here, as well as at various other places, including Big W and Healthy Life. 

*This product was received as part of a subscription box, gifted for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts