Review: SAIE Glowy Super Gel in Starglow

 

It has been years since I started blogging, and while I have seen the rise and fall of skincare and makeup trends, I feel like my heart still belongs in the dewy skin camp! And that is absolutely of no surprise to me, as I associate glowy skin with healthy skin, and let's face it, matte skin makes my skin look dull and sad. And so, when I found the SAIE Glowy Super Gel in Starglow nestled in my advent calendar, I knew that it was going to get used as soon as I lifted it out!

 

SAIE is all about eco-conscious, luxurious beauty, according to their website, which I like the sound of, but I wish that there were more details about what they're actually doing. They talk about partnering with climate non-profits, but beyond that point, there's not a lot of detail on the website. It does tell you that the SAIE Glowy Super Gel is cruelty free, vegan and gluten free, however, which I'm pretty happy about!

 

The Glowy Super Gel does as the name suggests - this is a lightweight luminizer, which can be used on it's own, if you'd prefer to use this like I do, all over the face in place of foundation, or used as a primer under your makeup to give you that dewy base. Otherwise, you can choose to mix this into your foundation, or simply dab it on the appropriate places to give yourself that sunkissed, well lit look that goes so well with Summer.

 

This has been formulated with 75% water and it absolutely melts into the skin to give it a luminous lustre. The formula contains ten extracts, including papaya and vitamin C, which can help to reduce inflammation and revitalise skin while brightening it.  The addition of squalene means that this can help to hydrate the skin. This also has rosa canina fruit oil, which helps to nourish the skin, making this an amazing, versatile skincare/makeup hybrid product.

This gives my skin a gorgeous, not shimmery, lit from within glow that I absolutely love! This doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky or weighed down - instead, it just feels like you're wearing nothing on your skin. I also love that the container is recyclable, given that the bottle is made of glass - all you have to do is twist off the plastic pump to remove the inner pouch. It's available in a 30ml bottle, and can be found for about $44 via the Cult Beauty website. Have you always been a glowy babe?

Comments

Popular Posts