Review: Rimmel Kind & Free Clean Volumizing and Conditioning Mascara

Rimmel will always remain a brand that I'm very keen on trying out, due to them having a great price range, and products that seem to agree with me. I'm happy to report that they have now developed a collection that is vegan and cruelty free, being free from fragrance, mineral oils and animal derived ingredients. Created with sustainability in mind, each product contains recycled material, and this mascara is actually made with 74% of recycled plastic. Their overall aim is to have 100% of Rimmel packaging to either us recycled material, or be recyclable, reusable or compostable,striving for a more sustainable future. 

It's definitely a step in the right direction, and I was excited to get my hands on some recently! The Clean Volumizing and Conditioning Mascara is comprised of 99% of ingredients of natural origin, and this comes in a light blue tube that contains their first bio brush, which is made from 100% renewable plant-based fibres. This boasts the ability to help deliver conditioning volume and length for up to 36 hours, but just how does it perform? 

 

The brush is similar to plenty of other mascara brushes that I've tried in the past - a medium sized head with small bristles, allowing for the even distribution of the mascara onto the lashes, including my itty-bitty lower lashes. I certainly couldn't tell the difference between this mascara applicator and all the others that I've tried, which makes me excited for the future of mascaras from Rimmel - a sustainable brush bodes well for the future!

 

The formula contains certified organic shea butter (5%) and biotin, so that you can nourish your lashes while you're also looking cute for the day! The mascara is supposed to be clump-free, smudge-proof and water-resistant, and believe it or not, it absolutely is! I tend to layer this onto my lashes in a zig-zag motion, so that I can separate the lashes, preventing them from sticking together. I find that this truly doesn't flake throughout the day, and that my lashes do look bigger with it on, although like most mascaras, this doesn't hold a curl for me, which is always a shame.

 

Speaking as someone who recently had a lash lift, however, I can now understand what everyone else must see that I could only have hoped for, and yes, the Volumizing and Conditioning Mascara does look amazing on a lash lift! This is available in Black and Brown Black, and it can be found where Rimmel is stocked, including Priceline, for $19.95. It's a brilliant mascara, and I'm really happy that I discovered it, especially given that this looks like the start of a great collection! What is your favourite mascara from Rimmel?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts