Review: Dermalogica Daily Milkfoliant


I'm baccccccck, baby! I finally, after years of being separated from most of my family, managed to get onto a plane that headed internationally and took some much needed time off from everything. I escaped from my daily grind, and also managed to have a bit of a digital detox while I was at it. It was really lovely eating everything I could get my hands on, seeing family, and also taking a break from all that I was doing daily, but it's also great jumping back into it, so let's talk about something that I've been loving, and that's the Dermalogica Daily Milkfoliant!

 

Ok, I'm truly excited to talk to you guys about this today, and it's not just because it's the first post I'm making since coming back into the country, and going online - it's mostly because this is a product that really, absolutely works! I've been battling some not-bad-but-could-be-better maskne, and this has made a massive difference to it. A few month after COVID hit, I started using a cage, for a lack of a better word, to help me breathe better while wearing a face mask, as it aided in propping up my mask, rather than allowing it to lean up against my face. This meant that I wasn't sucking a face full of material with each breath, letting me talk and breathe very easily.

 

As someone who talks a lot in daily consultations, this cage made life much easier for wearing a mask for hours. Think of it as a skeleton, giving the mask more shape, so that it wasn't just floppy. However, this ended up creating a whole new set of issues for in that while I was totally fine for a months, since about late May, I started noticing a couple of patches of blemishes on my face. Starting with just a few spots around the right side of my upper lip, this then spread a little further down the same side of my face, tracking down towards my chin. It didn't really itch, nor did it feel like my typical eczema patches. Instead, these little raised papules were red, and stood out every time I had my mask off.

 

While I tried a number of spot treatments, nothing made it budge until I started using the Dermalogica Milkfoliant, and this stuff is LEGIT! I did not expect it to be one of the side effects of using this, but since I integrated it into my daily routine, my blemishes have all but disappeared, and stopped flaring up. This comes in a blue bottle with a screw cap that hides a little hole that is adequate for pouring the right amount of powder out of it, without letting too much moisture in. 

 

This chemical and physical exfoliant aims to exfoliate while also protecting the skin barrier. It's a vegan product that contains oat and coconut, and while it starts off as a powder, once it is mixed with water, this turns into something  milky and creamy, polishing away dead skin cells with a blend of AHAs and BHAs from grape extract and arginine, as well as papaya extract. This also contains hyaluronic acid and essential minerals. I've been using about 1/2 a teaspoon worth every day, and massaging it into my skin in circular motions. I try to go for about 1 minute each time, and I love how it makes my skin feel afterwards. Retailing for just under $100, this gorgeous product is worth every cent. What are you using to battle maskne?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts