Review: Anihana Shower Steamers

I have a confession to make - I don't have a bath at my current place, and while I didn't use it very much back when I used to have one, it was always great to have that option there when I really wanted to have a good soak, particularly after a trying week, or to help soothe sore, achy muscles. One of the things that I miss most, though, is the simple joy of a bath bomb. That said, when I get one these days, I store it away for a weekend mini break so that I can chill in different surroundings.

 

I was introduced to the world of shower steamers recently, and while it's not going to replace the role of a bath bomb in my life, for someone who no longer has a bath tub, this is a great alternative! The premise of this is that it can be placed on the shower floor, so that it slowly works it's magic, dissolving in the water, enveloping the user in fragrance as as the essential oils are gradually released. 

 

As you can imagine, this works best in a shower dome, which allows for the scents to not travel far, so that the user can be steeped in the scent. The Anihana Shower Steamers can last for up to 4 minutes, just make sure you don't put it right in the path of the running water itself, or it will dissolve a lot faster! The scent carries quite nicely throughout the shower, and I love that it comes in a variety of scents so that you can select one according to your mood.

 

If you're looking to unwind after a long hard day, then lavender is the scent for you. For those with sinus issues, such as myself, the peppermint and eucalyptus may be the aromatherapy of choice to help unblock your nose. If you're in need of a pick me up, the zesty scent of lemongrass may be just the thing you need to feel refreshed, while sweet orange and grapefruit makes a good alternative for those who aren't partial to lemongrass, but still want to feel uplifted. 

The one major drawback to this is that it doesn't work as well in a open shower configuration, which means that you won't get quite as good an effect as you would in a shower dome. These will set you back about $5 each, and you can find them easily at Priceline. If you're keen on reading up about their range, which includes goodies like shampoo and conditioner bars, some of which I'm really wanting to try, then, click on this link. Have you used a shower steamer before?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts